Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2JZGTE MKIII Swap Info

Noob..but not incompetent

Default Re: 2JZGTE MKIII Swap Info

Im not sure about the w-58, but if you have the r-154, you do not need to change the drive shaft, only the bellhousing. I will try and find out about the w-58.

88 Supra Turbo 5 Speed BPU... 2JZGTE DBB67 Started- 3/4/08. Done- never (but shes home!)
    Check it out- http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67577

Supramania Regular

You forgot to add the front and rear engine main (crank) seals,since the
    engine is out of the car is a good idea to replace them with new ones from
    toyota.
    Also you will need custom made aluminum IC pipes,6 silicon hoses,
    industrial heavy duty clamps for the hoses...trust me on that,otherwise
    you'll have to deal with loss of boost and blown hoses!
    Last a custom down pipe and an aftermarket intake filter

I have finished my 2jz swap and I will post a thread with pictures soon!
    To tell you the true the 2jz-gte twin turbo looks almost stock engine
    on the mk3 MA70 engine bay...like it was meant to be!!!!

If Toyota didn't put it on our vehicles,then the mk3 guys are doing it...
    Don't forget guys,that JZ motor type technology was first given to our
    cars "A70 Supras" ,with the 1jz-gte
    ''In the end there will be only one car standing.
    Toyota Supra...simply the best""

R.I.P. Giagia (grandma)

Lurker

ok so let me get this straight. i have a 90 supra im getting the full complete motor and either a 5sp tranny or a 6sp (depends on money). now if i understand correct. im gonna have to send both wiring harness in to get them put together? and the whole sump thing was confusing me. will i need to do diff. motor mounts as well. the noob needs help. ill be buyin the motor and tranny within the month

There are diagrams on here about wiring the 2jz into the mkiii, but it is very time consuming. Dr Tweak recieves both complete harnesses and mates them into one harness so it is essentially plug and play.

Most 2jz that you buy are out of a toyota aristo. The sump is the lowest part of the oil pan, which on an aristo is towards the front of the motor. You will need a rear/ mid sump pan off of a USDM 2jz from an mkiv.

88 Supra Turbo 5 Speed BPU... 2JZGTE DBB67 Started- 3/4/08. Done- never (but shes home!)
    Check it out- http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67577

Lurker

ok i get it now. what about motor mounts? will i need to relocate them? and the fire wall needing to be beat back is that true

No, just buy the motor mount brackets from Driftmotion. And yes the beating back of the firewall is true, im just not sure on how much. But that is only if you keep the stock twins.

Lurker

so theres not to much mods to the car to do then. just basically the fire wall. o and i understand ill need a new drive shaft right

give me more!

awesome thread, great sources, i love it

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'

depending on what transmission you are using...

from a 2jzgte auto (they are different than ours) you will need what appears to be an mkiv driveshaft and have it made at a local driveshaft shop...

getgrag v160 mkiv 6 speed - speculation as to if it will physically fit into the tunnel (i have seen mkivs, especially n/a that needed to be modded) and speculation about how well it will work with our differentials... and the driveshaft will be a hybrid unit. needless to say it is not worth the money..you are better off with a built automatic transmission or a r154 and a great clutch as they will be cheaper

W58 you will need a manual MKIII 1986.5-1992 n/a supras driveshaft. yes believe it or not its the same size.... and a 2jzge manual bellhousing. easiest place to find is off a manual sc300 that i have seen or buying a new one. plenty of clutches out there for the non turbo mkiv supra...

R154 you will need an r154 driveshaft from a manual turbo mkiii supra 1987-1992.... yup it is a direct fit my car is proof... you will need a 1jz bellhousing everything after that is a 7mgte clutch deal.

a340e from our cars... if your supra was auto and you dont want to deal with the 2jzgte's auto or your 2jz didnt come with a transmission you will need a auto sc300 bellhousing (or the many other 2jzge auto bellhousings) and the driveshaft will be the same from the mkiii supra 1986.5-1992 AUTO driveshaft. a340 from a 2jzge might be a better choice its a slide in type as well (not sure on abs location on these transmissions though)

remember the newer cars did not have an ABS sensor on the transmission but rather had it on the rear wheels themselves. (not sure about the non turbo engines but its not as big of a deal as you can put the sensor on them easy enough or use a transmission with it as n/a trannys are cheaper)

if your car is Pre 1989 you will need the BIC brackets the 1jz ones will not work.. on post 89 cars you can either buy the bic or use 1jz ones. the round mounts are all the same (and you can get them from most cars such as the sc300, 89+ mkiiisupra, etc) and the square mounts i would buy the poly ones from BIC.

as for the mounting location they will be different comapred to the 2jz aristos location but its not hard to figure it out (especially if you have BIC brackets) the bolt locations are the exact same as the 1jz...

If you cant figure something out, look at the 1jz thats what i always say.

Last edited by tlo86; March 19th, 2008 at 07:59 AM.

Lurker

so since im gonna do the 2jz i just need a r154 tranny (im not doing auto) and then get a drive shaft from a mkiv turbo. and a bell housing off a 1jz. is that right?