Powered by Team Mondor
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

475rwhp459torq an climbin

Default Re: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

Perma cool works but the partd are cheap and flimsy. I broke 2 before retiring them permanently. The mocal H adapter is nice but it is cast and can break also. I bought the Earls 501erl from Summit, which is made of solid machined aluminum. My dual adapter is a machined aluminum piece from Amsoil. Now I never worry about casr pieces cracking.

Established 1994

Default Re: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

I couldn't help but notice my perma cool filter mount doesn't have a wrench fitting on the 3/4-16 thread. So finger tight is all you get?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Running!

This seemed the best place to ask a question on full flow oil cooler installation processes.

Which method for sealing NPT connections is best:: liquid teflon, thread sealer/non-teflon based, or teflon tape(oil grade?)

Matt-

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

I use teflon tape on oil NPT fittings...you can use teflon paste too, but it's messy. Don't use thread sealer on the AN side of the fitting.
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Default Canton oil filter adapter

Canton oil filter adaptor with straight fittings is out performed permacool with 90 degree fittings . it's bolt on so you can turn it to any direction you want ; save space and better flow . I paid $60.70 + $10. shipping

arp 002.jpg

arp 003.jpg

arp 005.jpg

arp 006.jpg

arp 007.jpg
    <edit IJ> Be aware that there is interference with the Canton adaptor and the E-bay/SSAC Header, there is however enough material in the adaptor to clearance it to fit.

Administrator

Quick question - I noticed that some of those thermostats offer both 180 and 200 variants. Any preference for one over the other?

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

The 180 is what you want - gives you a bit of a pad for those hard runs ;-)
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"