Powered by Team Mondor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

It's ALIVE!

Default Re: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

Hey Jdub, will that 90 degree sandwich adapter be any better than using one hard 90 adapter like jtran? Because that seems to be my only other option since the straight adapter and swept 90 hose end interferes with the ct's outlet... and it seems to have the same hard 90 restriction, maybe larger i.d. though?

I'm also going to have to use swept 90 -10 hose ends on both my dual filter outlet (under pass side headlight) and my oil cooler (B&M's largest) It's a monster cooler, the only places I can get it to fit are under the driver side headlight housing, snug up under there, and then cut some holes in that metal panel and maybe make ducts into the wheel well

Or I could sandwich it behind the condenser (between itself and the radiator, snug against the condenser) and the hose and fittings squeeze right between the bottom of the condenser and the frame. It sure would be a tight squeeze, but with just nudging the condenser up a touch, the hose fights right through... but I don't want to risk damaging it in the long run.... Man I'm regretting getting such a large oil cooler!

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

Default Re: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar_5 View Post
    Hey Jdub, will that 90 degree sandwich adapter be any better than using one hard 90 adapter like jtran? Because that seems to be my only other option since the straight adapter and swept 90 hose end interferes with the ct's outlet... and it seems to have the same hard 90 restriction, maybe larger i.d. though?
    The block adapter in post #10? If so, it would be a better choice restriction wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar_5
    I'm also going to have to use swept 90 -10 hose ends on both my dual filter outlet (under pass side headlight) and my oil cooler (B&M's largest) It's a monster cooler, the only places I can get it to fit are under the driver side headlight housing, snug up under there, and then cut some holes in that metal panel and maybe make ducts into the wheel well

Or I could sandwich it behind the condenser (between itself and the radiator, snug against the condenser) and the hose and fittings squeeze right between the bottom of the condenser and the frame. It sure would be a tight squeeze, but with just nudging the condenser up a touch, the hose fights right through... but I don't want to risk damaging it in the long run.... Man I'm regretting getting such a large oil cooler!
    I would sandwich it between the condensor and IC if you can...you will need to remove the condensor fan. You don't want metal to metal contact between the condensor and oil cooler...use plastic isolators.
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

It's ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    The block adapter in post #10? If so, it would be a better choice restriction wise.

I would sandwich it between the condensor and IC if you can...you will need to remove the condensor fan. You don't want metal to metal contact between the condensor and oil cooler...use plastic isolators.
    The problem is the AC lines make it a really tight fit, maybe if I cut into the hood latch support...

Thanks for your expert input

I found this and would like to know what it is . It has 1/2 npt in and out .22595.jpg

Grumpy Old Man

Looks like the Canton one I have.

so are these two funtional the same and doing the same job ?22595.jpg

17623471646.jpg

Grumpy Old Man

Yep just that the Canton one is 10X the $

I broke a permacool one off so went Canton.

You get what you pay for , i already done with my oil relocate set up but i'm going to order that Canton block adaptor, because it's a better choice for me. Thank you IJ and Jdub for great informations !!!

Grumpy Old Man

I have their filter mount as well

It's some nice gear and well worth the cost.

It's ALIVE!

Damn that's a nice piece, expensive though!

But with the swiveling, if you factor in two 90 degree swivel adapters, that's already $60... heh the straight adapters are dirt cheap in comparison...

Just when I was about to buy the permacool 90... damn IJ, you just cost me $450 between the bad news about my flywheel and this... but much cheaper in the long run