Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

It's ALIVE!

Default Re: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

After seeing this post I tried to fit the same adapter with Mocal NPT -> AN fittings and their 90 degree bends, and I have the same problem!

It seems as though the new batch of these won't let you thread the adapters deep enough without risking stripping the threads, to get enough clearance.

I plan to get 90 deg npt -> -10 adapters and straight AN hose ends, hopefully I can find the npt adapter in black!

vvti, what?

Default Re: Installing a Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter

would it be okay if i went with the type II, dual circuit system....but instead of putting the mocal sandwich adapter/ thermostat on the block can i place it on the remote oil filter mount. i dont see why i couldnt but just asking...

so it would come out of the engine into the remote oil filter mount then the mocal sandwich adapter then the oil filter screwed on to that.

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

You can, but why even use the Type II at all. The single circut is much more simple and uses less hose.
    The only reason i even mentioned the Type II is I have seen it done that way...had the same thoughts about it too
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Established 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar_5 View Post
    After seeing this post I tried to fit the same adapter with Mocal NPT -> AN fittings and their 90 degree bends, and I have the same problem!

!
    I have done nearly the same thing. Although I am not mounting where you are. I wanted to point out (one of IJ's posts) the hard 90 degree bend will cause some restriction in the circuit.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Hi Jdub ! I got my oil relocate kit hooked up and want to know what you think? I used -8 lines because my oil pump is not shimmed. Oil pressure is couple psi up and the car warms up quicker, cooler oil, better oil change location and no more leaks. Thank you Jdub for the oil relocate instructions !!!

oilrelocate 001.jpg

oilrelocate 003.jpg

oilrelocate 005.jpg

oilrelocate 006.jpg

oilrelocate 010.jpg

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

Looks good!

What kind of cooler is that and what are it's dimensions? You shoe horned that baby right in the stock location

The only real critique (a minor one) is using a hard 90 deg AN/NPT fitting on the block adapter...they are more restrictive than the 90 deg sweep hose ends. You used it at the end of the circuit though and should not cause you any problem. Especially since you got a pressure increase. You should see a psi increase at higher RPM (above 3000 or so) now that you've eliminated the relief valve in the stock filter head.
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

I just measured my oil cooler , the core measure 11.5" x 4.8" x 2." 16 row the area is a bit small but the volume is almost the same as B&M one . I used one 90 degree an -8/npt at return on block adaptor because i had no choice as i said earlier on this thread , the good thing is that as soon as it hit the end it will see .500" i/d so 3/8 to 1/2 is not that bad but 1/2 to 3/8 is bad , that's why i wouldn't use it for any outlet pressure side .thanks!