Powered by Team Mondor
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Centralia or Bust! ......Delilahs build

1J-THIS

Default Centralia or Bust! ......Delilahs build [STAGE 2.0 Beginning]

I found my self adding coolent occosionaly but didnt think much of it( or didnt want to think about it) Finally a month or two after I first noticed I ran a compression check. It came out 200,190,200,195,192,200 I was pretty happy with this. Then I ran the leak down test. Cylinder 1, 150psi and holding. 2 holding, 3 holding, 4......shit! . 5 & 6 the same. Its a pretty slow leak through all 3 cylinders and I know the head was torqued to factory specs as it was a toyota crate motor, Ya big $$$ for the last owner.

First I decided to give a retorque a shot, I think out of curiosity more than hope of any fix I would feel comfortable with. I took it to 70, just to see what if would do. Ran the leak down again; 1-still holding, 2-still holding, 3-still holding, 4-now holding, 5- still leaking but slower, 6-now holding. So it sealed 2 of the three cylinders but 5 is still leaking. its slow enough It would definatly be drivable but Im just going to go ahead and get it overwith now. So I guess I have a fall project. So my rebuild begins and with it come the questions.

1. How hard is it to get the tranny off? I really dont want to pull both like the tsrm says. On my budies swap we left it on but only because we already had a good motor and tranny ready to go

2.What gaskets would you recoment? Commetic, or HKS? what about intake, exhaust, thermostat housing, cam seals ect. Toyota is pricy and ebay is dirt cheap, both are discouraging. Are any of the ebay kits worth even looking at? What about felpro? definatly cheaper and the exhaust manifold gasket we threw in my little bros car looked pretty good?

Now for the good stuff ....PICS!

Heres a few shots of my incredibly packed shop, The worst step in this project is going to be making room. The benz in the back is definatly going OUT!
    Ya thats a 67 mustang in the back ( Future project) and a 65 comet caliente under the cover. Wheres waldo, can you find the R154 in this pic My motor as it currently sits
    The parts shelf
    This engine once made well over 600 ponies on the dyno, with and automatic behind it!!!
    Can you tell Delilah's a little crammed at the moment Heres the downpipe I just fabed up, at the moment the flanges are only tacked on so it could be test fitted. I also still have to splice in the flex section.
    Me and my bros Cars
    Last edited by GC89; April 1st, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

naughty by nature

Default Re: So it beggins......Delilahs build

The R-154 is beside the welder. What did I win?

I'd pull the tranny with the engine and then take it apart, but that's just me. Good luck.

FEAR A GOVERNMENT THAT FEARS YOUR GUN

http://www.break.com/index/one-of-th...-made-2218472#

Happy as hell :D

I agree with Suprahero, it'll be easier to pull the tranny while the motor is still attached, although I'd lift the car up a couple inches to make sure it clears. How many cars do you have? I see atleast 4, and not 1 looks to be working (2 confirmed).

Adam

1J-THIS

Total I think we have 2 Trucks 3 if you consider a ranger a real truck. 2 mustangs, 89 & 67, 2 supras (me and my bros). The caddy (moms car), a POS sable, The benz, a 66 merc park lane and the comet (me and my bro again) so 16 in all, ya we should start a car lot. 9 out of 12 run which is what 75%. At least its passing . I was hoping I could just drop the trans and pull the motor but if both is easier I guess I go with that

Supramania Regular

Ha, I'm in love with your garage/shop!

1J-THIS

The up side is we have just about every tool you could ever need, or never need as well for that matter

Happy as hell :D

You can drop the trans with the motor still in the car, but you will need about 3' of socket extensions and a somewhat stiff U-Joint socket adaptor to get to the top bolts.

Adam

1J-THIS

Ill probably pull the trans with it, it sounds just as easy and then I can give it a look over too. So any oppinions on what gaskets to use??? Also Is it worth it to swap out the oil cooler? I'v heard of a few people who have gone to aftermarket ones or put an RX7 oil cooler on?

1J-THIS

Finally have a little room to breath, the worst part is you would never guess how many hours of clean up went in to this. Still Looks like a mess

My downpipe fits about as close as you could ever hope for so I was pretty satified there. Tucks up tighter than my bros RT

Also got a good start on tearing the front end down

More updates to come. Next on the list are new intercooler, oil and power steering cooler mounts. Along with new IC pipes and a custom accordian hose.

1J-THIS

A few things came today

Some more goodies for delilah