Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Archive: Original MAFT Questions

Supramania Regular

Default Archive: Original MAFT Questions

archive of original MAFT (MAFT gen 1) questions...
    MKIII Technical Information Depot: www.mkiiitech.com

Default Re: Archive: Original MAFT Questions

hey im new to this whole maft im trying to figure out exactly what i need , im attempting to do an na-t conversion on my 7m, i was told that i would need to ditch the vane air flow meter and get something else , im trying to see if i can get away with a maft as i dont think i need all the featrues of the maft pro
    can you elnighten me as to what features the original maft has and hopefully point me in the right direction?

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D

There is not a MAF-T for the 7M-GE... look into either a MAFT Gen II or a MAFT Pro. Do a search, others and I have covered the differences between these in depth previously.
    I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.
    -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by IJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraMario
    Fuck the hatters ian...
    You don't like Hats??

Supramania Regular

this might be a dumb question, but is/are the maftpro and maft gen 2 vehicle specific? I mean are they a universal type piggy back? or are there differences between a maft pro labeled as being a supra mk3 and one labeled for an elcipse 1g? And are the maft systems sold on ebay knockoffs that look the same or legit items? thanks

The MAFT Pro and MAFT Gen II are not vehicle specific devices. The only thing I can think of which would merit such a designation would be the inclusion of plug-n-play harnesses.

I know nothing about the existence of knock-off MAFT units... I'll leave this to be answered by someone else.
    I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.
    -- Mitch Hedberg

Fuck the hatters ian...
    You don't like Hats??

Supramania Regular

so if they are not vehicle specific or hopefully any generic units i should be able to purchase one on ebay, and purchase my own harness correct? the only thing i need on the harness is the map, iat and boost solenoid, dont think there would be any specifics on that either as far as what vehicle it is going on. not using YOUR factory sensors. if anyone else has any more insight please chime in.

You're making this very complicated. Generic? eh? Post some links so I can see what you're talking about... All you need is to go to www.maftpro.com (or wherever) buy a MAFT Pro (not someone's kit with extra stuff added) and then go source your sensors and harness connectors..... buying the SD and boost control harness makes things a little easier as some of the connectors are hard to track down and special tools are required for crimping the pins (ask me how I know.... and ask how much I didn't save), but the pinouts are in the manual so you can do it yourself.
    -- Mitch Hedberg

Fuck the hatters ian...
    You don't like Hats??

Supramania Regular

Ok here are a few that i found some from ebay some from google shopping, I guess I didnt exaclty mean generic, meant like ebay store..... Some are for different cars, but i believe it is just the main unit no kit? In opinion which is more tunable the gen 2 or pro? And why is gen 2 cheaper, if it an upgrade to pro?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...Q5fAccessories

http://www.maperformance.com/maf-tra...ontroller.html

Thought there were more but they are all in the same range cant find the other sites for the pro though now?

The Gen II is not the second generation of the MAFT Pro... it's the next evolution of the original MAFT line. It has many of the features of the MAFT Pro, but is missing a few too including boost control and the ability to run speed/density (without an air flow meter).

As for a Grand National specialty vendor on eBay listing a product as being for a Grand National... umm... yeah, they do it all the time to get more hits from their potential customer base.... It's still the same product. if you suspect otherwise you need to ask the seller what's different; but the main unit is the same.♦
    -- Mitch Hedberg

Fuck the hatters ian...
    You don't like Hats??

Lurker

I just went the MAFT pro route. I got it new from extremepsi in PA. The price was right and had all the parts to run speed density and boost control. I have yet to install it but so far I'm impressed.

Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees.