Powered by Team Mondor
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Archive: AFC/SAFC/II/Neo Questions

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600

Question Archive: AFC/SAFC/II/Neo Questions

my mods SAFC2, 640cc injectors, MBC 14psi, walbo, adj-FPR, AEM wideband, and forged internals .20 over.

i recently got it back together and was wandering if there is some settings on the SAFC2 to get it to run not so lean? it will be good when i first start the car up at like 11.3-11.6 AFR. then i will drive it for about 5mins and it will spike up to off the charts then to 15.5-15.9 and i will let it sit and idle at that AFR and try to adjust the FPR and nothing happens and this is driving it at under 2100rpms the whole time before i try to adjust the FPR.

it will stay at good AFR in the real low rpm range in 1,2, and 3 gears which 3 was the highest gear i went to and sometimes it will spike up to 15-17's.

what could i do or try to get it to safe AFR's as i break the motor in?

any and all help is very welcomed

trev

'90: 7M built motor- FOR SALE

K5 GSXR 600 yellow/blue: -1 +2, BMC filter, custom shorty --- FOR SALE pm for craigslist ad and infor

Supramania Regular

Default Re: SAFC-II adjustment?

1. what's your base fuel press set @?

2. you're not that lean....should be fine for break in (though that depends on how you're breaking it in). i'm surprised you're that lean given your HUGE injectors....

to me, you've got a problems somewhere. check codes, check SAFC setup, etc. something is wrong- w/that size inj and normal fuel press you should be crazy rich....
    MKIII Technical Information Depot: www.mkiiitech.com

as it sits its at 5psi but when i turn the car off its at like 20psi.

the afc settings are at ?????? b/c i had a shop do my tuning and they screwed me over .

i have not gotten any boost while driving b/c i keep it under 2500rpms the whole time.

i have never checked codes for the supra so is it just plug in the reader or what?

and i dont have the manual for the safc2 and can dl it b/c adobe is f ed up.

K5 GSXR 600 yellow/blue: -1 +2, BMC filter, custom shorty --- FOR SALE pm for craigslist ad and infor

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrev
    as it sits its at 5psi but when i turn the car off its at like 20psi.
    what?!?!? that can't be right....

the afc settings are at ?????? b/c i had a shop do my tuning and they screwed me over .
    not so good. you really can't get it tuned until you break it in anyway....

you can easily look @ the SAFC's settings...read the manual and learn how to use it!

i have not gotten any boost while driving b/c i keep it under 2500rpms the whole time.
    good.

i have never checked codes for the supra so is it just plug in the reader or what?
    www.cygnusx1.net

goto the TSRM

goto the EFI section

read.

and i dont have the manual for the safc2 and can dl it b/c adobe is f ed up.
    i suggest you find a to read a .pdf....there are many other viewers other than adobe. w/o a manual you're shooting in the dark.

1jz destroyer

sorry to butt in but did you say your base fuel is only at 5psi ? and 20 psi when you shut it off? its supposed to be around 43-46psi if i remember correctly. i have been wrong before . hope i helped and didnt just waste your time.

ok i just took it out awhile ago and i did notice it threw a code so im gunna check that tomorrow.

i got the manual finally so i saved it and printed all 64 pages of it.

the fuel was at 15psi right after i turned the car off

and now itll die on me when i let off the gas in 4th gear. i think it is b/c it overloads it with fuel and kills the spark but im not to forsure on that.

is there a way to reset the safc2 to start fresh? im gunna read the manual tomorrow and see if there is a way.

trev

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 1jzneil
    sorry to butt in but did you say your base fuel is only at 5psi ? and 20 psi when you shut it off? its supposed to be around 43-46psi if i remember correctly. i have been wrong before . hope i helped and didnt just waste your time.
    exactly. here's the TSRM page for it:

ok i just took it out awhile ago and i did notice it threw a code so im gunna check that tomorrow.
    the check eng light doesn't need to be on....it can store codes w/o turning the light on.

i got the manual finally so i saved it and printed all 64 pages of it.
    good!

the fuel was at 15psi right after i turned the car off
    eh, not really useful. what is it w/the car running and the vac line off?

and now itll die on me when i let off the gas in 4th gear. i think it is b/c it overloads it with fuel and kills the spark but im not to forsure on that.
    no way to know, you need to sort out everything else...

is there a way to reset the safc2 to start fresh? im gunna read the manual tomorrow and see if there is a way.

trev
    sure is. see the manual for the reset procedure.

1jz destroyer

i think they call it initialalize. i know on my safc 1 it has a mode that just says initialize and when you do it it erases it and its reset.

92 teal-wn turbo

ya its the same for the safc2, initialize will reset everything

1/2na-t cressida FTW!!!

Default NA-T SAFC correction levels anyone?

I got a 7mge na-t with the following:

-stock ct26 turbo, mani, dp, and exhaust
    -stock 7mgte 450cc injectors
    -7mge electronics
    -7mgte intercooler w/ piping
    -safc 1

now what i need to know is what correction levels have you na-t with the same or similar setup have you set? low throttle and high throttle if you got them. also while on the subject what % did you guys set your throttle low and high levels at? im not gonna leave this i just want more info on what people have been successful with... just as a starting point to tune off of.