Powered by Team Mondor
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Tookwik's 7M-GTE COP ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

Lurker

Default Re: Tookwik's 7M C.O.P. ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

Thats badass ken! Worst part of the 7m is those ugly ass coil packs.
    ---Nate---
    Quote Originally Posted by upgradedsupra View Post
    Nate is gay

A HG job took HOW long??

Default Re: Tookwik's 7M C.O.P. ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

im working at a sheetmetal company, and was planning to get some of my own parts CNC punched out of 14ga aluminum. if you guys are interested, i can make some covers... im only there until the end of march though, so its gotta be quick.

something like this (quick drawing in Solidworks, obviosuly doesnt match the valvecovers, but gives you the idea):

also, the P/N for the coils is F3000-131175, list at around $123 new, and the wires are F1020-138958, list at around $41
    Last edited by Enraged; March 4th, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

| AEM v1 | FFIM | Stock Turbo | Stock Injectors | 320whp / 360 ft.-lbs. |

Build Thread

Red T-shirt

What would it cost to get those done? I used the four bolt holes from the stock coil pack and one bolt in the rear center where the heater hose bracket used to bolt into the rear most oil galley plug. Do you have a head with valve covers on it you can use to get it fitted right?

creepy-ass cracka

Oops, missed this until now. That is nice work. From what I've seen on how you did this there shouldn't be any problems with it at all. In theory it's electrically sound and compatible with the stock TCCS. Looks good too. Nice job.
    In memory of Rimma Kiselitsa

A HG job took HOW long??

Quote Originally Posted by tookwik4u89
    What would it cost to get those done? I used the four bolt holes from the stock coil pack and one bolt in the rear center where the heater hose bracket used to bolt into the rear most oil galley plug. Do you have a head with valve covers on it you can use to get it fitted right?
    my valvecovers are smoothed, but i might be able to get a pair from the junkyard to measure. my engine is going back together now, so measuring them on the car wont be hard. cant tell you a price, not sure how much ill get charged. im getting a 48"x120" sheet of 14ga anyways, so adding a few of these covers wouldnt be hard.

| AEM v1 | FFIM | Stock Turbo | Stock Injectors | 320whp / 360 ft.-lbs. |

Build Thread

Red T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged
    my valvecovers are smoothed, but i might be able to get a pair from the junkyard to measure. my engine is going back together now, so measuring them on the car wont be hard. cant tell you a price, not sure how much ill get charged. im getting a 48"x120" sheet of 14ga anyways, so adding a few of these covers wouldnt be hard.
    Cool, PM me when you get some info on it...and thanks.

JJ.....thanks, I was hoping to hear comments from you and JDub.....I knew if there was something I overlooked, you guys would probably pick it up.

If you guys want to clean this and sticky in FAQ, feel free when you're ready.
    Mechanical Performance Learnings of Internet for Make Benefit Glorious Model of Supra!
    My Build thread....part II
    My build thread
    My dyno video

Supranian

Ken,
    That is some awesome research and development !!! I still have the random miss at idle. I don't even really notice it anymore, just kind of accepted it. I have too many irons in the fire right now but will certainly try your new setup maybe by summertime.
    Again, I appreciate your time and input on this issue.
    Chris

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

Perfect example of persistence pays off...you found a very simple, elegant solution for cleaning up the engine bay.
    The best part is it works well (I can't see any reason it wouldn't) and looks really good

Nicely done!
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

decisions...decisions...

Very Nice Job!!!!

I am the Super Devil

im gonna steal yur car! ehrm, i mean im gonna steal your mod! in winter though. brokeass mk3 owners are the ftl.