Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tookwik's 7M-GTE COP ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

canadian blood

Default Re: Tookwik's 7M C.O.P. ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

wow, this is good news. i myself was looking into this slowly. so it has to come from any 2jz n/a vvti , is300 or supra. and you just had to lenghten the wire harness! sweet. i will definetly follow this post.i put the ramirez short manifold as well, and those coilpacks where really, really bothering me!!! nice , nice work!!

I love all your sounds.
    Pa. __ __ __ _______ ___Don't shoot the messenger.

Default Re: Tookwik's 7M C.O.P. ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

Wow, Tookwik, awesome work! Thanks for sharing.
    Are you really painting your car blue?

Red T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotglass
    Wow, Tookwik, awesome work! Thanks for sharing.
    Are you really painting your car blue?
    Thanks Dave.....and no I'm not painting my car Broke back mountain blue
    Mechanical Performance Learnings of Internet for Make Benefit Glorious Model of Supra!
    My Build thread....part II
    My build thread
    My dyno video

World I Am Gay Blue!!!

As always I follow a gay joke post!!! Thanks for the PM Ken I am glad it worked out for you and for all of us. Ken told me about this in a PM when he was working on it and he was really excited that he might have this figured out. This is a huge step I think for the 7M guys to get rid of the fugly coil pack. Way to go Ken!!!

Oh on a side note the Red Rocket sounds great!!!

All Hail Ken!!!!
    Last edited by da89soup; March 5th, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by tookwik4u89
    Need someone to take my idea to cad, pump out some covers and give me a nice shiny aluminum one

I'd like to see a couple people run around with the setup and rack some miles on it to make sure it holds out, but I cant really see why it won't. Just dont wanna go crazy selling stuff and find problems.

It would be neat to have somethign with 7M-GTE cut out of it, assuming someone makes it in CAD. That would be neat. I've always wanted to make something that will make the entire top of the engine more streamline.

What would change over time? I mean if it works now, wouldn't it work later, assuming a part doesn't fail?

still learning

Here's all the parts neccesary to make it happen, pretty simple mod now that we know what we're looking for!!
    so where do the banana and apples go??? j/p nice work and thanks for sharing the info. if this works for long term i can see alot of lexus 2jz's missing their coils

Red T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    It would be neat to have somethign with 7M-GTE cut out of it, assuming someone makes it in CAD. That would be neat. I've always wanted to make something that will make the entire top of the engine more streamline.

What would change over time? I mean if it works now, wouldn't it work later, assuming a part doesn't fail?
    I don't anticipate any problems with it, In fact I'd bet on it. I think I'm going to run a DLI on it, or DIS-4, but I've read up on it and it seems the HKS unit has been more reliable. I'll run it on the 1/4 mile this spring and see how it does.
    Mechanical Performance Learnings of Internet for Make Benefit Glorious Model of Supra!
    My build thread
    My dyno video

Administrator

Another fantastic thread - let me know when the conversation / editing is complete, we'll copy this to the FAQ area and clean it up.

Speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by tookwik4u89
    I don't anticipate any problems with it, In fact I'd bet on it. I think I'm going to run a DLI on it, or DIS-4, but I've read up on it and it seems the HKS unit has been more reliable. I'll run it on the 1/4 mile this spring and see how it does.

I'm excited about this man. I'm going to be doing a FFIM soon as well and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the stock coil setup.

Red T-shirt

I'm copying part of this reply I wrote to Larry_A in the same thread I ran on SF because I know I have dicussed this miss with several of you guys when we were first setting up maft pro, dont remember everyone that also had it, but ChrisO i'm pretty sure was one, maybe Mike Malloy.

"I failed to mention it in the threads but mine also had the "bump" miss at idle, If thats what you mean, and I didn't notice it at all after the swap. In fact I just went outside and started it, let it idle for about 20 minutes after reading your post......nothing ....smooth.....awesome, that has been bugging the hell out of me for the longest time, and I always thought it was air/fuel related. "

In fact it was bugging me this morning when it was doing it before I swapped the coils.

I'm going to throw the setup on my DD for awhile and drive around with it, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.
    My build thread
    My dyno video