Powered by Team Mondor
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thinking About Using Spray Sealer on a MHG?...Might Want to Read This

Single, and lovin' it!!

Default Re: Thinking About Using Spray Sealer on a MHG?...Might Want to Read This

Quote Originally Posted by jdub
    You mean this thread:
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21566

The one where SupraCentral removed your obscenities & insults in post #25...the one where SupraCentral rolled it back for the same reasons in Post #42 in an effort to keep it civil.

You were not banned for expressing your opinion...nice try, but IMO you were banned for the reasons above. You can do as you wish...as I said then, and still say now, you're going affect the factory coating with chemicals that have an adverse effect. I'm sorry, but an emotional arguement based on hearsay doesn't work with me.
    ok whatever you say man

don't put gasket sealer on yur mhg it is bad i wouldn't recommend it at all!!!!

awesome information GO JDUB!!
    1988 Graphite Grey Targa - 1JZ
    Aristo ECU and Harness, 60-1, 440, Tial38,
    My Build Thread

Tanya is my Milf Hooker
    The master of speaking without saying anything.

Default Re: Thinking About Using Spray Sealer on a MHG?...Might Want to Read This

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M
    Many people don't lock their doors at night, for years at a time. Therefore, it is ok to leave them unlocked all time.

The (pretty much done) Rebuild
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerTheresa
    I f**king love you, JAV.

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo

Hylomar Blue FTW.

Jeff "Boost" Lee
    1989 1.5JZ-GTE, 76mm Alpine Silver Supra - Retired

1988 7M POWERED, Midnight Blue Project Auto

Godspeed, Nelson Matias | 1974 - 2008
    ::: INDIANA SUPRA CLUB ||| Find ISC on Facebook :::

Senior VIP Member

^Aren't you going through a BHG right now? Or did you get it fixed?

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo

Going through a BHG right now....lol.

I like how you made it sound like I was diagnosed with a disease or something.

Well...I'm just putting everything together now.

Jeff "Boost" Lee

Senior VIP Member

Lol, I seen part of your "disease" on one of your friend's hoodies at the supra meet a couple of weeks back. I was like, "Hey, where's the Korean?" They were like, "He's got a BHG right now so he couldn't make it." He then comences to point out a big oil stain on his hoody and says, "Here's part of him right here." Then Suprahero said something like, "Yeah, we keep parts of our BHG buddies with us all the time."

Supramania Regular

The Greddy MHG I used had no viton coating. It had no coatings that I could see actually.

I've used this gasket now on 4 motors, and it's been clamped down 5 times. Four times we used brake quite, and one time we used hylomar, and none of the times has the gasket leaked at all.

This last time we actually clamped it between the tourqe plate and the block, then bored the motor and the gasket, then cleaned it all up again, coated it with brake quiet, and clamped it back in place again. (No problems so far.)

No idea what the RA is, but it was pretty smooth. I would not say mirror smooth, but you could not feel any machine marks, but you can see them. I belive the brake quiet does a great job of sealing up the small machine marks, and it's tough enough to hold up to boost and combustion pressures. We all know the metal head gasket is stronger than the composite ones, so they rarely ever distort unless there is crazy detonation. (At least in my experiance.)

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

Re-using a MHG with a spray coating is fine...it's when the viton is present there's a problem. Heck...using the spray on a composite HG is likely ok too
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo

Quote Originally Posted by starscream5000
    Lol, I seen part of your "disease" on one of your friend's hoodies at the supra meet a couple of weeks back. I was like, "Hey, where's the Korean?" They were like, "He's got a BHG right now so he couldn't make it." He then comences to point out a big oil stain on his hoody and says, "Here's part of him right here." Then Suprahero said something like, "Yeah, we keep parts of our BHG buddies with us all the time."
    "Here's part of him right here."

Back on Topic...

Hylomar Blue = looks & smells like silly string = Using Silly string to seal your HG works just fine..........right?

Jeff "Boost" Lee

475rwhp459torq an climbin

Quote Originally Posted by jdub
    Re-using a MHG with a spray coating is fine...it's when the viton is present there's a problem. Heck...using the spray on a composite HG is likely ok too

Good info for the mentally challlenged builder, but it should read "thinking of using spray sealer on a new head gasket"!