Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking About Using Spray Sealer on a MHG?...Might Want to Read This

The Magnificent Seven

Default Re: Thinking About Using Spray Sealer on a MHG?...Might Want to Read This

who cares, its not like any of us blow head gaskets.

just kidding, that is real good info. could we sticky this? thanks, John!

I have better SA than you

Default Re: Thinking About Using Spray Sealer on a MHG?...Might Want to Read This

So, if you are reusing a MHG or prefer brake quiet or copper sealer on a new gasket, remove the factory coating first. There isn't anything wrong with using the sprays after that.

Good info though.
    ...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..

Senior VIP Member

The factory coating of Viton should be superior to any spray on sealer hands down. Why would you take that off?

I have better SA than you

Quote Originally Posted by starscream5000
    The factory coating of Viton should be superior to any spray on sealer hands down. Why would you take that off?
    I agree. I used the copper spray when I reused my MHG. Some people might prefer one of the sprays over the factory coating if they couldn't get good surface finishes and need to fill in deeper machine grooves.
    ...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..

Single, and lovin' it!!

well im not gonna get into it with jdub again cause last i got banned for a week for stating my opinion

but i used metal gasket sealer on my cometic mhg 8 months ago and nothing has happened yet ran 18 psi on a 60-1 for 3 months racing it 4 times a week and it still has no problems i dont see how it can screw anything up honestly

it is a spray on glue thats MADE for metal gaskets it was a copper spray, but to each their own i will not say anymore as i will prolly get banned again
    1988 Graphite Grey Targa - 1JZ
    Aristo ECU and Harness, 60-1, 440, Tial38,
    My Build Thread

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Filtration

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper
    well im not gonna get into it with jdub again cause last i got banned for a week for stating my opinion

but i used metal gasket sealer on my cometic mhg 8 months ago and nothing has happened yet ran 18 psi on a 60-1 for 3 months racing it 4 times a week and it still has no problems i dont see how it can screw anything up honestly

it is a spray on glue thats MADE for metal gaskets it was a copper spray, but to each their own i will not say anymore as i will prolly get banned again

You mean this thread:
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21566

The one where SupraCentral removed your obscenities & insults in post #25...the one where SupraCentral rolled it back for the same reasons in Post #42 in an effort to keep it civil.

You were not banned for expressing your opinion...nice try, but IMO you were banned for the reasons above. You can do as you wish...as I said then, and still say now, you're going affect the factory coating with chemicals that have an adverse effect. I'm sorry, but an emotional arguement based on hearsay doesn't work with me.
    I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral
    However I still stand by my statement that 99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjock
    I swear, it's like talking to an amoeba...

Want to know about oil...read this:
    Motor Oil 101 - Dr AE Haas

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno Peppers
    What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Established 1994

Many people don't lock their doors at night, for years at a time. Therefore, it is ok to leave them unlocked all time.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Senior VIP Member

Lol at your post #19 on that link John. I think it's like the second sentence or third. I don't think anyone caught it, unless it was a deleted post.

sticky this thing!!! great job.

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!

Thread stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Crane
    A man said to the universe:
    "Sir I exist!"
    "However," replied the universe,
    "The fact has not created in me
    A sense of obligation."
    Srs bsns...Check your Diagnostic Trouble Codeswww.mkiiitech.com contributorwww.4cefed.comDEALING WITH THE "OLDSCHOOL" GUYS