Powered by Team Mondor

Thread: Side vents (question)

Lurker

Default Side vents (question)

Hey everyone,
    I have recently registered on your forum, as I finally got my Supra (it's 1995). Now, the shop is doing body work about it, as in certain places it has dents and tiny rusty spots. So it'll be completely repainted. I've already got a set of bumpers and side skirts, and there is one more thing I wanted to ask you about.
    It is a set of side vents that go behind the front wheels if you look at the Supra's side. Now, they are not the vents that are in fenders, that's not something I want. These guys go at the very beginning of the side skirt.
    What do you call them the right way? Cause my search by 'side vents' was not successful haha
    Here is the pic of what I am talking about - https://www.carid.com/gallery/toyota/
    Thanks

Classifieds Moderator

Default Re: Side vents (question)

Are you talking about the hole just to the rear of the doors? Those are inlets for cooling air for the brakes on most cars. I've never taken much time to look at the Mk4, but it is likely for brake cooling. Brake cooling vents might be the correct term here.
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1999 Miata, 2000 LS400, 2002 Miata
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra

Lurker

yes, that's exactly what I was looking for.
    i've marked those vents in the pic
    1122.JPG

Classifieds Moderator

It's been something of a long "short" week for me, so perhaps I'm a bit confused, but did you find the answer you were looking for?

Stock Mk4 doesn't have any sort of vent where you circled, at least not that I've noticed anyway? On some cars the engine bay vents through a hole in the side of the front fenders, it's a great way of alleviating under hood pressure...
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1999 Miata, 2000 LS400, 2002 Miata
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra