Powered by Team Mondor
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The 7mgte Bolt-On Turbo Catalog

Stock is boring :(

Default Re: The 7mgte Bolt-On Turbo Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by suprapilot View Post
    The CT with the larger turbine has the smaller AR housing that that will limit it. The center is the Chinese CX racing style t61 turbo looks like?
    Yeah, with the stock actuator on it too well see how much boost itll make. I may upgrade it if its not a lot and might break the 500 mark im looking for with a bit more boost. Though the 60-1 doesn't flow much past 25 psi so well see what itll make. After doing a bit more research it may be a T350 (t3 stage 5) turbine vs the p trim I originally thought.

Its very possible the center is a chinese turbo. it is engraved sc6176 on the compressor cover but thats all I have to go on. I assumed with it being a precision unit (sc6176 is an old precision PN) it may be an old SP unit and the wastegate actuator looks similar to those found online.

92 Supra Turbo
    87 Supra Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by tissimo View Post
    Yeah, with the stock actuator on it too well see how much boost itll make. I may upgrade it if its not a lot and might break the 500 mark im looking for with a bit more boost. Though the 60-1 doesn't flow much past 25 psi so well see what itll make. After doing a bit more research it may be a T350 (t3 stage 5) turbine vs the p trim I originally thought.

Its very possible the center is a chinese turbo. it is engraved sc6176 on the compressor cover but thats all I have to go on. I assumed with it being a precision unit (sc6176 is an old precision PN) it may be an old SP unit and the wastegate actuator looks similar to those found online.
    Oh wow then the SP unit you have the is the one to build! Can you tell me if its easy the size of the opening on the SP turbine and the CT that has had the larger turbine? I think the SP is maxed out before no more space left for a gasket if you were to bore it out more. If it were me, I would have the turbo changed to BB and put in a billet compressor and go larger if possible.
    Current Supra

1992 MKIII Turbo Hardtop (No Sunroof or TEMS) Black/Shadow Grey Project http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-Help-WELCOMED!

1992 MKIII Turbo 66k Miles - Teal/Shadow Grey Leather - Hard Top Sunroof - TEMS - Original Paint Took A Lifetime To Find

MKIII Supras are my favorite. My 92' will be kept till my expiration date.

Past Supras

1984 P-Type Original Paint

1985 P-Type Original Paint

1989 MKIII Turbo 115k Miles Original Paint

1990 MKIII Turbo 55k Miles Original Paint

1993.5 TT Auto MKIV Stock Original Paint

1994 MKIV 6Spd 800WHP Original Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Piratetip View Post
    Yeah I saw a select few of their turbos paired with the 8cm.
    Don't see it being sold separately though.

Might contact them and see how many options they have available.

Ah I found a sold one...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMBA-TOYOT...vip=true&rt=nc

Edit:
    Found it. PN: 013-1152
    http://www.shop.mambatek.com/searchq...words=013-1152

Buy a Mamba turbine housing and send it to https://www.facebook.com/munroracingturbo/ . This shop is doing amazing stuff on Toyota turbos. I asked him if he could install the center section from an EFR core and it said he could but big $$$ lol
    Current Supra

1992 MKIII Turbo Hardtop (No Sunroof or TEMS) Black/Shadow Grey Project http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-Help-WELCOMED!

1992 MKIII Turbo 66k Miles - Teal/Shadow Grey Leather - Hard Top Sunroof - TEMS - Original Paint Took A Lifetime To Find

Past Supras

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here however

I actually contacted mamaba over facebook to see if they would send samples for testing so I could share with the community. They replied and said they would ask then never got back. @ SIV 17 I just picked up a ITS bolt on suprasport turbo no idea on the side but guessing it's a 60-1. I was thinking of sending it to comp to ask them to re-machine the housing to stuff a 64MM in the compressor and see if they could upgrade the turbine with a newer wheel. Haven't had time to do anything on my 91 yet so the turbo sits. Waiting until I finish the 87 in the garage first before I start anything on the 91. Until then I'm just enjoying all 252 WHP of the car haha. 10 years ago I would have shimmed the wastegate as I was picking up the car.
    87 T 2JZ-GTE
    91 T 60k Miles
    98 SC300

YotaMD.com author

Quote Originally Posted by Zazzn View Post
    I actually contacted mamaba over facebook to see if they would send samples for testing so I could share with the community. They replied and said they would ask then never got back. @ SIV 17 I just picked up a ITS bolt on suprasport turbo no idea on the side but guessing it's a 60-1. I was thinking of sending it to comp to ask them to re-machine the housing to stuff a 64MM in the compressor and see if they could upgrade the turbine with a newer wheel. Haven't had time to do anything on my 91 yet so the turbo sits. Waiting until I finish the 87 in the garage first before I start anything on the 91. Until then I'm just enjoying all 252 WHP of the car haha. 10 years ago I would have shimmed the wastegate as I was picking up the car.
    LMAO. You and about every other 16-30 year old Supra buyer in the early mid-late 2000's (myself included)!

Supra? check
    Turbo? check
    Boost Controller/washers? check
    BHG? ...wait for it...... ok, yeah, check!

Stock is boring :(

Quote Originally Posted by suprapilot View Post
    Oh wow then the SP unit you have the is the one to build! Can you tell me if its easy the size of the opening on the SP turbine and the CT that has had the larger turbine? I think the SP is maxed out before no more space left for a gasket if you were to bore it out more. If it were me, I would have the turbo changed to BB and put in a billet compressor and go larger if possible.
    hahah, well see.. if the 60-1 reaches my goals thats good enough. I have the 92 to build still for more power if I need. Mainly looking for quick response and fun to drive with this 7m build.

92 Supra Turbo
    87 Supra Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by tissimo View Post
    hahah, well see.. if the 60-1 reaches my goals thats good enough. I have the 92 to build still for more power if I need. Mainly looking for quick response and fun to drive with this 7m build.

Yea me as well. Was thinking just max out the CT base with my HKS Sport turbo. Install BB CHRA and go billet. Maybe even bigger turbine??? I guess if I want to spend 3g or more to do an EFR internals that would be the best you can do.

The other side of me is saying is this real Greddy manifold because it's made much better then the copies when you see all the extras it has. It even has mounting points to install the stock heat shields! It also means I can run a T4 EFR. I guess if I did that then I would weld on mounting points to put the stock turbine housing heat shield.
    Current Supra

Past Supras