Powered by Team Mondor

Thread: Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Masters?

87T Supra

Default Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Masters?

Hello All,

I am going to be rebuilding my engine harness on my 87 Supra with the 7mGTE motor very soon. I am almost done breaking in the fully rebuilt motor and currently everything is as it would come OEM. I bought every connector I can get my hands on from yota connectors and I have a ECU Masters standalone ready to install with the PNP harness. So far I have the wideband wiring ready to go but would like to hear from others if their is any tips, tricks or advice when rebuilding the engine harness before I dig more into it?

I also want to wire it up for sequential fuel injection with 1200cc mitsu low independence injectors, remove the factory igniter and wire in a e85 flex fuel sensor that sits near the intake manifold side. Any tips or advice for this also?

Thank you.
    2004 Lexus GS300 - daily diver
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - burgundy exterior w/gray interior the summer driver.
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - parted put
    1987 Toyota Supra N/A - Sold

Some Pictures.
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81005

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here however

Default Re: Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Mast

Other than the feel-good of seq injection it's not really needed if you have nice flow matched injectors. Short of putting a WB in each bank or EGT there's no way to tune for the differences without getting the injectors flow tested. Even after testing it's hard to adjust it perfectly. All I care is that they are within 2% of each other and I keep the tune rich enough that it doesn't matter.

For tips, I recommend reading and following this.

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/wiring_ecu.html

I also use the crimpers from cycle terminal and got all my terminals there. I added other terminals to make things easier like any sensors that I used

Concentric twisting is one of the biggest things I wish I did. My harness is stiff because I untwisted it (stock harness) .

Alother place for expensive but easy to navigate is www.wirecare.com
    87 T 2JZ-GTE
    91 T 60k Miles
    98 SC300

87T Supra

Default Re: Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Mast

Thanks Zazzn for the tips, there is some good information on that site I will use.
    2004 Lexus GS300 - daily diver
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - burgundy exterior w/gray interior the summer driver.
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - parted put
    1987 Toyota Supra N/A - Sold

Some Pictures.
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81005