Powered by Team Mondor

Thread: Tokico struts

Default Tokico struts

I purchased a set of these off the forum and am getting ready to install them. Does anyone know what the numbers written on them mean?20170917_105002.jpg20170917_105020.jpg

The fronts say 101 at the top.
    The rears say 121 at the top and 106 at the bottom.

Also, does driver/ passenger side matter when installing the fronts. I assume it will for the rears b/c of the tab for the break lines.
    Last edited by SupraTrbo89; September 18th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

87T Supra

Default Re: Tokico struts

The fronts have a tab for the abs sensor wiring bracket so just make sure those are in the right spot. Here is a old pic of the driver front from 07 when I put mine in and I never had those numbers on mine. Those numbers may have been measurements from a prior adjustable coilover spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Lexus GS300 - daily diver
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - burgundy exterior w/gray interior the summer driver.
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - parted put
    1987 Toyota Supra N/A - Sold

Some Pictures.
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81005

Thanks, yea the numbers were def. written on with a sharpie by the previous owner. Just wanted to make sure they werent for anything I needed to be aware of.

Are there any adjustments on the struts or things I should look at before installing? The Eibach springs were mounted inside when I received them.

Also, any tips for the install? I am going to use this as a guide - http://yotamd.com/toyota/mk3_supra/shocks_springs.html

87T Supra

No adjustments need to be made other than lining up the top strut mounts and rotating them to the right spot. On both 87 Supra's when I had these installed, the OEM top strut mounts were spripped where the strut shaft lines up to the strut mount as it was just spinning when trying to remove the nut on the strut shaft. Had to but two new rear strut mounts from Toyota at the time. The other thing is that you will need to loosen up the front upper control arm bolt and pull it out (but not completely remove it) to get more space to work with.
    2004 Lexus GS300 - daily diver
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - burgundy exterior w/gray interior the summer driver.
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - parted put
    1987 Toyota Supra N/A - Sold

Some Pictures.
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81005

Thanks!