Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: injection issue 7mge need guru help.

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Default Re: injection issue 7mge need guru help.

Do you have continuirty from inj 5 to the Ecu? Or to inj3?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by hvyman View Post
    Do you have continuirty from inj 5 to the Ecu? Or to inj3?
    We have continuity on both after we replaced the section of wire. But still 5 is not working. That is the real head scratcher.

I am a little more confused now that my reading for a na are that of a turbo.

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Both are the same.

It's a simple circuit.
    http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/Librar...px?S=Main&P=46

If you have 12v to the injector. Your good.

If your have a ground controlled signal from the Ecu then your good.

If you have a misfire on cylinder 5 such as a headgasket or something else. Then your not good.

You could wire no3 to no5 and vise Versa and repeat the results. If it was an i he ruin issue then wiring the no3 injector temporarily to the no5 injector wiring then the problem should change to the no3 cylinder. If it doesn't then it means your no5 cylinder is faulty to something other than wiring to injectors, the Ecu, or the injectors them selfs.

7m are prone to headgasket which could cause a miss on cyl 5.

Verifying that it's actually 5 not firing injector is rather important.

Lurker

I don't think the head gasket is bad. This engine is a jdm with a new headgasket. I checked the torque when I got. We have re sealed the engine and put in a new oil pump. If the connectors don't do anything I will check the compression. If it happens to be bad I will scream but then use my warantee. To have another one sent.
    Last edited by 1933beer; August 31st, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

Lurker

We go the new connectors and put one on number 5. No change.

Hyvman I have direct wired the injectors on 5th cylinder to verify it is squirting gas.

I think at this point I will ensure we have good compression.
    I will then try to jumper directly from 3 to 5. There is not enough length to swap 3 and 5. I may try to do something as I would like to eliminate the injector as the problem or the wiring.

Lurker

update we checked compression and it is good not the issue. We removed the fuel rail and replaced the injector on #5 cylinder. We replaced the rest of the connectors going to the injectors put it all back together and we have the same issue number 5 is dead. I pull the spark plug wire and no change.

I don't know what else to do the cylinder has compression spark a different injector that ohms out 3.5 like the rest of the cylinders. I can ohm connectivity between white wires on 3 and 5 I pull 12volts between red wire and ground with the ignition in the on position. ECU has to be good or else #3 cylinder would not work either.

I am open to any ideas.

Established 1994

Quote Originally Posted by 1933beer View Post
    I will check for fuel on the plug. Would this mean it is over squirting?
    Just checking to see if it is wet or dry. Many people, including good techs, somehow miss it and think something is wrong or right, only to see the plug and go "oh".

I'm not saying don't do the checks.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Established 1994

Quote Originally Posted by 1933beer View Post
    I can ohm connectivity between white wires on 3 and 5 I pull 12volts between red wire and ground with the ignition in the on position. ECU has to be good or else #3 cylinder would not work either.

I am open to any ideas.
    You can have 1 strand of 100 intact and show no resistance on the ohm meter. If you have power, 3 is firing, then the connection from the injector to the splice has to be bad. Or, the info given is incorrect.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

If the fuel injector is firing then it's not a fuel issue. Pulling the clip on the injector while it's running means it's missing either fuel spark or air.

What was the compression numbers?

Are you sure it's getting spark?
    Try swapping coils and see if the problem moves.

Lurker

We got the new connectors and put one on number 5. No change.

Hyvman I have direct wired the injectors on 5th cylinder to verify it is squirting gas.

I think at this point I will ensure we have good compression. 180 plus
    I will then try to jumper directly from 3 to 5. There is not enough length to swap 3 and 5. I may try to do something as I would like to eliminate the injector as the problem or the wiring.
    I tried to post the above a few days ago.

Update to that up date. Compression is good. we replaced the rest of the connectors. We replaced # 5 injector. We put everything back together. And still 5 is dead I was out of ideas. Then I figured I could remove #5 connector and jumper 3 and 5. No luck.

So I called a Toyota master techician and I have ordered some new toys. A noid light kit and camera I can hook up to my phone and look at the inside of the cylinder. The noid light will confirm the signal is getting to the injector.
    I hope this tells me something useful.