Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evans Coolant - High temp

Established 1994

Default Re: Evans Coolant - High temp

That is a filling funnel, not a tool for bleeding. Perhaps you two are just speaking past each other. It burps on its own with the funnel.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

creepy-ass cracka

It depends on the system. In 25 years of owning and maintaining my Supra I never once had to burp it and a look at the cooling system should make the reason for that obvious. Other cars (my Delorean is a good example) must not only be burped but often use a full time bleeder line. Again, a look at the system configuration tells why.
    In memory of Rimma Kiselitsa

Established 1994

When I say burp I am talking about walking away while it is running so the air comes out. And no chance of spill over while over filling. Because I went looking for a gravy job from the dispatcher.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Get a vacuum refiller. It's faster. And gets all the air out in 1 go.

Lurker

Cool Re: Evans Coolant - High temp

Quote Originally Posted by hvyman View Post
    Get a vacuum refiller. It's faster. And gets all the air out in 1 go.
    Well marking a year on this post. Seems to be heated debate on filling method for the coolant, and strayed from the topic =X Been out of town for work and haven't had the time to give some TLC to the Supra.

Hvyman - I actually did it with that method of vacuum refilling. So I verified there wasn't any 'leak' issues.

Everyone else - Yeah It's worth a try to drain and do a vacuum test on the system. I drove it for the last month (been a few months sitting) and I have bigger issues with SOME white smoke and what sounds to be an exhaust leak at the block. Problems never ending... =/

Interdimensional

That Evans coolant is basically just straight antifreeze, anyway. At least, that's what the chemical label suggests.

Lurker

Yeah, it does look that way. Though it is running a bit hotter, I don't know if it's just cause from other factored (problems) that lead up to it.

Established 1994

Quote Originally Posted by RacerXJ220 View Post
    That Evans coolant is basically just straight antifreeze, anyway. At least, that's what the chemical label suggests.
    Evans' boast is that the boiling point is much higher than 50/50, without the water issue causing corrosion over time. My concern is heat transfer and is it good enough. I have not seen a lot of data on people changing and solving an over heat issue. Many issues on the internet are engine swaps with the original cooling system, and the owners looking for a solution when they can't just stick an over sized unit in place of the original. They often end up at Royal Purple Ice and Water Wetter from Redline.

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Water wetter works great. 50/50 coolant water and water wetter is what I use in race cars.

Interdimensional

Evans is pretty much straight antifreeze. It's got a very high boiling point, just like antifreeze.