Powered by Team Mondor

Thread: 87 Build Problems

Lurker

Default 87 Build Problems

Recently swapped my 89 7MGTE motor, trans, and ecu into an 87 body. I have 2 issues left.

1st - The headlights do not work. All lights work except for the headlights, low or high beams don't seem to come on. I have changed the headlights to new ones as well as bought and installed a new headlight switch (driverside engine bay fuse box) but no luck. I have used a test light and am getting positive power through the relay but no power to the 2 fuses. The 2 fuses are getting a negative charge (when I swap my test light to a positive source it lights up green).

2nd - Attached I have taken some pictures of a harness that is under the steering column that is not attached to anything. Since my headlights do not work, it seems as this is probably the source but since the body was someone else's unfinished project before I bought it, I am unsure.

Some diagnostic notes - head lights pop up and down but do not light up. Parking lights turn on. Turn signals work.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lurker

Default Re: 87 Build Problems

So after doing some research on here I found out it is probably the super monitor connector and that even though I don't have one, the harness is there anyway. Does that sound correct? Now I just got to figure out my headlight issue. Any help would be great. I checked switch, the fuse's in the engine bay fuse box are showing a ground instead of power. Is that correct?

supra.gif

hope this helps

Established 1994

What 2 fuses? If you are getting power to your headlamp relay, then the integration relay is not turning them on by grounding the circuit. That can be several reasons, including the multifunction switch.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs