Powered by Team Mondor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What fuel pump or pumps should i get for a 1000BHP+ setup.

Lurker

Default What fuel pump or pumps should i get for a 1000BHP+ setup.

Hi guys,

I have two walbro 255 inline pumps but Im getting pressure drop off and looking for a replacement. I have looked at a pair of Bosch 044 pumps and Aeromotive A1000 pump. but I was told that the A1000 overheats which isnt ideal if going for a long drive. I was also told about the Walbro 455 pump but I cant seem to find an inline version only in tank.

What do you guys use on 1000+ HP 2JZ setups? Im running with a T88-38GK at the moment but might upgrade to Garrett GT45 so could see 1100+BHP with my current setup and the new turbo so I would like a fuel system that will cope with the new turbo when it comes.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Interdimensional

Default Re: What fuel pump or pumps should i get for a 1000BHP+ setup.

I drove my Supra with an A1000 only, 13+ hours. Stopped only for gas, food. Roughly four hours running time, constant highway speed.

In 95+ degree traffic and it managed just fine. You will need two of them for 1000+rwhp, anyway. I'm going to use a single Magnafuel 4303, as I did before.

Walbro has a 700hp E85 pump, and running two of those would definitely be an upgrade to what you have, and keep it in the tank. Do not use a small fuel filter, get the longest 10 micron stainless element filter you can find. Don't overlook this part.

As for turbos, if you have access to a turbo rebuilder, Precision makes a 7675 that will make that power and more.

The T88-38GK is not as efficient in design as the newer GTX, GTW, Billet Borg Warners, and Precision turbos. V-band exhaust housing to manifold are not a bad way to go, but not required.

What transmission are you using?

Lurker

So if I will require 2 x a1000 pumps would it not be cheaper and just as effective using 2 x Bosch 044 pumps?

Using an r154 box with os Giken 3 plate clutch.
    Thanks

Chris

Interdimensional

I would actually go with the upgraded E85 Walbro pumps. The Bosch pumps are good pumps, but they aren't flowing as much. You should be fine with two Bosch 044 pumps ,however.

Your R-154 may end up stripping 3rd gear during a good pull at 1,000+rwhp.

There are gear upgrades, available.

Supramania Regular

I currently have the e-85 walbro 450 and fid 1000's. I did 550 wheel on a mustang dyno, but ran out of fuel up top. I too am looking into running second inline pump as the one isn't enough.

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

R154 will fail before you run out of fuel. Usually around 6-700ft lbs of torque the r154 fails.

That said 2 walbro 400's will out flow 044. But the 044 are prolly the more reliable pumps.

Interdimensional

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post
    I currently have the e-85 walbro 450 and fid 1000's. I did 550 wheel on a mustang dyno, but ran out of fuel up top. I too am looking into running second inline pump as the one isn't enough.
    What kind of fuel filter are you using with the 450 pump?
    1JZ-GTE, PTE 6466, PGS Dog Box R-154, Pro-EFI 128, HeadGames "R", Hypertune, SP F1, Kelford, E85 and nitrous.
    1983 Toyota Supra.

Supramania Regular

hate to admit, i still have the stock filter and line up to the front. i have it split and running two lines to the rail. i know this needs to be upgraded. i'd do two 450's, but i'm not sure they'll fit in the tank. i'm looking at options now, as the motor is going back together.
    on another note..... i'm rebuilding the trans now with all the goodies. i'd be interested in an upgraded 3rd gear. where is this available from?

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Stock fuel line won't support 1k hp.

Supramania Regular

this I know. what I don't know isif I can do 2 450's in the tankwith 2lines going upfront or one big inline pump.......