Powered by Team Mondor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7m bottom end capability.

Lurker

Default 7m bottom end capability.

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and I need a few opinions from you guys. My 7m has about 180,000 miles on it but about 1,000 miles ago I rebuilt the top end due to a hg failure and replaced the old stock one with a metal one with arps tq to 90ft/lb. I'm planning to do the Lexus afm/550s mod, just bought a mk4 tt fuel pump, lipp afm, afpr kit, rc 550s with plug and play wiring adapters. Already have a 57 trim ct26 on here. So my question is would the stoke bottom end with al those miles be able to handle about 400rwhp? Or more? The car used to be my dads and he maintained it well regularly and said he babies it a lot.

Established 1994

Default Re: 7m bottom end capability.

It isn't so much that power but how you treat it. Engines 101, the rods are the first to go.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Lurker

I don't abuse it by any means . I never take the car to its limits, I don't remember ever even revving past 5.5k. So do you think it would be okay to have 18lbs of boost on a bottom end with that many miles?

Lurker

Can someone please put in their input, I don't wana mess this up and have to take the whole entire engine apart due to a broken rod

if engine is in good shape and maintained well, then with supporting mods stock internals will hold well over 400whp. in other forums ppl say they've been pushing 500rwhp with stock internals for years. But ive heard 500whp is the limit so safe zone would be 450whp so i think you should be safe with your goal.

Lurker

Alright thank you. I was just nervous that the old bottom end wouldn't handle that power. According to previous owners it was well maintenances and babied. Thank you

id say pistons are the first to go by most peoples fails. Its mostly melted pistons and or broken ring lands. I could be wrong but you will be fine if tuned right and good gas.

Established 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Joe123 View Post
    So do you think it would be okay to have 18lbs of boost on a bottom end with that many miles?
    The owners manual (which is never read) correctly states that repeated boost pressures above 8 psi will cause serious engine damage. Continuous being the key word.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

^ Keeping in mind that owners manuals are written with the interest of protecting against warranty claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by supraman7mgte View Post
    I kept asking myself while i was taking the bumper apart,"why do i keep doing this?" I replied,"because my therapy makes me happy"

Yeah also owner manual says to torque Head gasket at 58ft lbs.. and does 35psi fits in "above 8 psi will cause serious engine damage" statement?... joking.

Make sure to tune correctly and you should have no problems with melting pistons at your power goal.