Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Git'R driving...a VERY short build

1J-THIS

Default Re: Project: Git'R driving...a VERY short build

Ya I dig it, had to stare at it for a minute with so much going on. Definitely an interesting interior.

So you plan on selling the old center console lid?

The build- Centrailia or bust........Delilahs build.

Quote Originally Posted by ZFast300Z View Post
    Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
    You can Follow me @ryan.payne on Instagram

Supramania Regular

Wasnt planning to, but if you want, ill take a pic of it when i get home from my trip, and you can see if you like it.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    Project: Lexx- 1988 Targa 5spd.
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    Daily: Dora- 1989 Targa 5spd.
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

1J-THIS

ya, I'll take another look at mine but if I remember right it was somewhat worn in the middle.

The build- Centrailia or bust........Delilahs build.

Quote Originally Posted by ZFast300Z View Post
    Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
    You can Follow me @ryan.payne on Instagram

Lurker

I saw this on Facebook on the Ga Mk3 owners page. It looks like a great score. Good job.

Supramania Regular

Slowly, the motor is coming togther, but i'm very short on free time these days.
    Yesterday, i installed new plugs and wires. Next, reinstall the igniter, upper ic pipes, and the afm.
    Hope to have it running very soon.

Last edited by supraguy@aol; August 23rd, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

Supramania Regular

Getting closer...and farther away at the same time.
    You guys know how it is; You fix one thing, you find something else wrong.
    Here's the motor, entirely complete, with the exception of the rad/ fan/ shroud, which has to be swapped out of my '88.

Also, I finally rebuilt my glovebox door latch, and the glovebox now opens, closes and locks for the first time in 10+ years.
    Then, I decided to install the HKS Drager exhaust. Went pretty smooth for the most part:

Unfortunately, when I tried to test the fuel system, I found that I had a dead pump, so out came the fuel tank, after draining all the bad gas.

So, I'm now waiting on a new fuel pump. Also, I noticed that the previous owner hadn't connected the abs sensor or the reverse light switch. I connected the abs, but can't reach the reverse light plug.
    So it looks like I'll have to lower the tranny a bit so that I can reach it. Not looking forward to that.
    Last edited by supraguy@aol; August 23rd, 2017 at 02:12 PM.

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by supraguy@aol View Post
    Sorry- Here's those pics:
    Do I see a factory tweeter grill here?

Nice work and progress overall, keep yp the good work !

Supramania Regular

The 89 and 90 models had this. I don't think its for a tweeter, but rather for air to flow for the 4" speaker.

Supramania Regular

Ha OK, thanks

Supramania Regular

Yeah no tweeter. It's for air flow as mentioned. With the stock 4" speaker pods you could feel the bass through those holes on your knees when driving. The earlier models just had holes drilled in the panel. It looks a tad bit cleaner I think.