Powered by Team Mondor
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Project: Git'R driving...a VERY short build

Joe Yantz

Default Re: Project: Git'R driving...a VERY short build

what are your plans once the 88 is done? just have two great cars and flip a coin every morning to decide which to drive?
    "I got 99 problems but a 7M ain't one!"
    "MKIII Supras, turning men into mechanics since 86.5"

My '91 JZA70 Limited Suspiciously Slow Supra
    Instagram
    Facebook

Supramania Regular

Whadup!
    No, The 88 will likely be a weekend car/ garage queen.

I was supposed to head out of town today on a trip, but the plane had an engine issue, so I was off.
    Here's what I did today:

Don't know if they'll have a trip for me tomorrow, but the next step is to strip the doors of their interior panels, speaker pods, windows, moldings and trim,
    as well as the door frame moldings and targa seals.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    Project: Lexx- 1988 Targa 5spd.
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    Daily: Dora- 1989 Targa 5spd.
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

Supramania Regular

One last thing(lol..."last thing"...)

I went back to the dyno the other day, just to see if a new clutch and intercooler would help matters.

Here is a best run from last year, and a best run from this year. Finally broke 300, and that's all I need from this girl.
    It's on the '88 to make the real power.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

1J-THIS

How many pounds of boost was this on? Looks good!

The build- Centrailia or bust........Delilahs build.

Quote Originally Posted by ZFast300Z View Post
    Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
    You can Follow me @ryan.payne on Instagram

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GC89 View Post
    How many pounds of boost was this on? Looks good!
    Thanks- Approximately 12psi. The boost would hit as high as 15, then immediately back off to 12.
    You can see where power plateaus at about 4200, then starts a shallower climb to max hp by 4800. It's even more noticeable on the torque line at the same RPM.
    The theory is, that the spring inside my $8 boost controller can't handle 15psi, but I also suspect the oem wastegate tension might be a contributing factor,
    so just 10 minutes ago, I shimmed the wastegate by 2 washers, just to make sure that the wastegate door stayed seated better.

1J-THIS

You're running a 57 trim correct? The washers should help, in my experience most boost controllers, manual or electronic struggle near double wastegate pressure.

The build- Centrailia or bust........Delilahs build.

Quote Originally Posted by ZFast300Z View Post
    Nitrous oxide is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
    You can Follow me @ryan.payne on Instagram

Supramania Regular

Yup, a 57 trim. And an update:
    WOW. That 5 minute fix made a difference. I went from 12 psi, to holding 18psi.
    Now I have to back down the boost controller, back to 15psi, lol.