Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So many options to choose from. MS3? Haltech? AEM? Something else?

PACNW

Default Re: So many options to choose from. MS3? Haltech? AEM? Something else?

i am running ms3x and love it ! if you have questions and facebook there is a ms helpline messenger group ive started that has a few of us helping eachother out a couple 7ms a couple jz and bryan dyer who is going uz in his supra if youd like i can add you and you can ask away

Quote Originally Posted by Faye View Post
    that was my 69th post lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird87 View Post
    Du king Shawn got my drunk loll
    http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/s...ayer/jdmfreak/

Running on MS3X

naughty by nature

Well so far mine hasn't ran. It did crank with some help from Kyle, but then the next day it wouldn't crank for shit. I tried all day with some local help from Jason. He has a 1jz'd supra with megasquirt. Something is bad off in my timing somewhere.
    Mr. Freak, you just accepted me in the facebook forum. I'm Jay Hayes and I will be asking some questions on there as well. It sucks that I'm so close but yet I can't get it to run. When it did run, It would stutter and die when I touched the accelerator. It also back fires like four M80's when it doesn't crank. I'm pretty sure I've fried my 02 sensor. Hell, it could be in pieces as loud as my explosions were. I hope I didn't blow up my brand new 4" exhaust....................ughhh

FEAR A GOVERNMENT THAT FEARS YOUR GUN

http://www.break.com/index/one-of-th...-made-2218472#

A.K.A. Knight Rider

Quote Originally Posted by jdmfreak View Post
    i am running ms3x and love it ! if you have questions and facebook there is a ms helpline messenger group ive started that has a few of us helping eachother out a couple 7ms a couple jz and bryan dyer who is going uz in his supra if youd like i can add you and you can ask away
    Please do if you dont mind. ill send you a link to my fb page
    Own an A70 Supra in Florida and have a Facebook?
    Join FLA70 to become part of the largest A70 club in Florida!

Like our Facebook Page and join our Facebook Group for events and meet up locations
    Instagrams ---> @florida_a70 @a70boostfiend

LEADED FUEL ONLY

Go to the person who is going to setup/tune the ECU and ask them what they feel comfortable using. That will get you the best results.
    alan jordan
    GT40R'd mk3
    terre haute, in

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here however

agree with al.. which btw it's been a really long time since i've seen you post.
    87 T 2JZ-GTE
    91 T 60k Miles
    98 SC300

ECUMaster USA

Quote Originally Posted by hvyman View Post
    A flex fuel sensor only measures the ethanol content in the fuel. So it cannot tell if you are using 87 or 110 gas.

It can tell you if your using gas or ethanol or anything between tho.

Imo i would skip looking into an aem v2. I havnt dealt with the infinity which is supposed to be nice but is quite a bit expensive.

Also my opinion but your best bet is to invest once and just start off with building a new harness with all new connectors and wire. It will help eliminate any possible future issues or concerns.

Of the cheaper ones megasquirt is my favorite. There software is super easy to learn and is constantly being updated around the users inputs and suggestions. It has a massive user base and tons um.lof helpful support on the msextra forum.

the emu masters ecu looks to be of a pretty similar design but i have not used tho i have checked out its software which looks pretty easy to use.
    Please don't group us in with MS Yes, the ECU is budget friendly, but it's a professional product and comes with full support and a 24 month warranty. The software is extremely straightforward and we've got an active and growing community of users and tuners throughout the country. No other ECU has the same features built in at a similar price. Built in 4 bar MAP sensor, on-board wideband controller, 2 EGT channels, high current ignition outputs (drive coils directly, no need for an ignitor), optional bluetooth capability, etc. The EMU is $1099 with connectors and pins included, $1200 if you want the wideband sensor included, and plug and play adapters are available for most Supra applications. With many other ECUs you'll need to purchase the connectors and pins, wideband controller, and MAP sensor separately, so be sure you compare the total cost. We're adding new features almost every week, so check our forums for the latest firmware if there's a particular feature set you're interested in.

A HG job took HOW long??

I'll also agree that you need to talk to the person who will tune the car.

I have an AEM v1, and I'm thinking about upgrading to something newer. The v1 is good for what it is, but newer ECUs have better support (AEM no longer supports the v1 at all), better software, more options, etc.

I've considered a Haltech Platinum Sport 2000, AEM Infinity 6, Megasquirt Pro 3, and the ECUMaster EMU. The tuner I'm going to use sells/supports Haltech, but he can tune others. They all seem to have similar levels of support, features, etc. Some would need a new harness or adapter, some can plug and play. If you have the time/money, build a new harness.

Whatever you decide on, two features that are really nice: CAN bus support, so you can add modules/sensors/dash, and USB connection for tuning. My AEM v1 has a serial port, and you can't buy a new laptop with a serial port. I get crashes all the time using USB-serial converters.

| AEM v1 | FFIM | Stock Turbo | Stock Injectors | 320whp / 360 ft.-lbs. |

Build Thread

Supramania Regular

i have an aem v1 and it basically blew my last motor. somehow injector 6 would randomly not fire. we just found that out now, but there's no support anymore. i'm torn between ms3 pro and aem infinity. my tuner likes both. what do you guys think?

now for the second question..... who has the best prices on this stuff??????

ECUMaster USA

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post
    i have an aem v1 and it basically blew my last motor. somehow injector 6 would randomly not fire. we just found that out now, but there's no support anymore. i'm torn between ms3 pro and aem infinity. my tuner likes both. what do you guys think?

now for the second question..... who has the best prices on this stuff??????
    Why on earth would you give more money to AEM after their product killed your last motor?

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Why on earth would you give more money to AEM after their product killed your last motor?
    i'm not, lol. I decided to go with ms3, even though EVERYONE says to go with aem.