Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linear Rate Springs - Options?

YotaMD.com author

Default Re: Linear Rate Springs - Options?

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorescigno View Post
    Just got a response from Intrax. They don't even know their own spring rates....Table Updated
    That is definitely not a good sign.

Tanabe GF210 rates F/R: 7.9 / 3.7 kg/mm i believe. The numbers are straight from their site, but they don't mention units.

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by suprarx7nut View Post
    That is definitely not a good sign.

Tanabe GF210 rates F/R: 7.9 / 3.7 kg/mm i believe. The numbers are straight from their site, but they don't mention units.
    Good catch, table updated. At the top of the table on their website, it says: "all spring rates are measured in kg/mm"

Supramania Regular

Thanks for getting the info. I'm actually really interested in the King Standard ones. If they are the same height as the 89+ springs that are just a tad lower than the pre89 springs that would be the perfect drop for me. Have you seen anywhere that sells them in the US though?

Once you find the rate and length and diameter of the springs Summit racing has "universal" springs. I've used them to lift vehicles before and even a few custom projects.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1987 Turbo with aftermarket sunroof
    3" full turbo back exhaust and cats deleted, Innovate wideband, Thrush welded muffler, RFL BOV, polished charge pipes, Lexus AFM, A-FPR, 550cc injectors, 255LPH fuel pump with 12V mod, Electronic boost controller. - Not going to go crazy with the supra, I got a CRV for that. Fully built and turbo B20 shooting for 600-750WHP.

Sold - CRV build pictures - Never did a build thread per say just took a few pics along the way through multiple things. Did not take pictures during the motor build up, kinda slipped my mind. Link is here http://s79.photobucket.com/user/Sk8t...0in%20progress - Sold

Supramania Regular

Well guys, thought I'd throw an update in here. I got in touch with Ground Control, and they were able to make a set of adjustable spring perches to match some Koni Yellow struts. I just got them in the mail, and they're looking pretty spiffy.

IMG_0233.jpg

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorescigno View Post
    Well guys, thought I'd throw an update in here. I got in touch with Ground Control, and they were able to make a set of adjustable spring perches to match some Koni Yellow struts. I just got them in the mail, and they're looking pretty spiffy.

IMG_0233.jpg
    What springs are those and will the be offering that kit for sale now, or was it like a one off thing just for you?

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Silver MK3 View Post
    What springs are those and will the be offering that kit for sale now, or was it like a one off thing just for you?
    Honestly I'm not sure how "custom" this was or not. I got the impression in their email that they only had a handful of kits remaining, so they are able to make them, but haven't listed them on their website. If you're interested, give ground control a call and see what they say.

Springs (as with all GC products) are universal sized Eibachs. This set came with 800 lb-in fronts and 500 lb-in rears. The beauty of this setup is that you can buy any universal 2.5" ID spring and it will fit this kit, making the spring rates pretty much infinitely adjustable. You can order a spring in the correct height and diameter, and specify what spring rate you want, making it variable from super stiff to plush.

Supramania Regular

OK, good to know. How do you find out the height of the spring that you want?

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Silver MK3 View Post
    OK, good to know. How do you find out the height of the spring that you want?
    I didn't specify, I just asked for a set for the MKIII Supra. They provided 7" tall front and 8" tall rear springs.