Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Drive and Enjoy

Supramania Regular

Default Re: Operation Drive and Enjoy

Subscribed!

SM Expert on White trash

Thanks for the bump Emilio. I was going to update this today anyway.

I'm about to sell my house hopefully before Christmas so after the first of the year I've got major plans.

With all my previous supras I've been chasing a dream, or pipedream more like it. I've wanted a Supra that rode and drove like the one I test drove back in December of 1991. Well the only way I'm going to get it is to spend some major cash. So....
    All of the suspension going to be replaced with new OEM pieces, including springs and TEMS shocks. Hopefully I can find some new springs, if not I'll source some 89+ ones. Don't give one fuck about it being higher than what it is now on Eibachs. It'll ride about the same height as my old 91 in my sig below. I'll be replacing subframe bushings as well. I have a set of 91 5 spokes that'll be going on it. The suspension alone will cost me about $3k.
    After that is done I'll work on the interior. I have a set of new leather seat covers to put on an extra set of seats I have. Also I have several yards of that same leather to redo the door inserts to match.
    No performance mods other than the exhaust and maybe an intake but that's it. It's going to be the luxury GT cruiser it was designed to be and my plans are to cruise in it....around the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral View Post
    The MKIII Supra was never intended to be a pure sports car, nor was it intended to have slam you in the seat performance. Please remember that this was Toyota's top of the line showcase for high tech luxury performance. This car was built as a personal luxury car with a performance trend. It's a GT car, not a detuned version of a WRC rally car.
    My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

What in the hell have I gotten myself into?

Cool Ford Pinto

SM Expert on White trash

Here are some more pics from a few weeks ago.

Same pic as above but with some different editing.

The MKIII Supra was never intended to be a pure sports car, nor was it intended to have slam you in the seat performance. Please remember that this was Toyota's top of the line showcase for high tech luxury performance. This car was built as a personal luxury car with a performance trend. It's a GT car, not a detuned version of a WRC rally car.
    My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

Cool Ford Pinto

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gtsfirefighter View Post
    Thanks for the bump Emilio. I was going to update this today anyway.

I'm about to sell my house hopefully before Christmas so after the first of the year I've got major plans.

With all my previous supras I've been chasing a dream, or pipedream more like it. I've wanted a Supra that rode and drove like the one I test drove back in December of 1991. Well the only way I'm going to get it is to spend some major cash. So....
    All of the suspension going to be replaced with new OEM pieces, including springs and TEMS shocks. Hopefully I can find some new springs, if not I'll source some 89+ ones. Don't give one fuck about it being higher than what it is now on Eibachs. It'll ride about the same height as my old 91 in my sig below. I'll be replacing subframe bushings as well. I have a set of 91 5 spokes that'll be going on it. The suspension alone will cost me about $3k.
    After that is done I'll work on the interior. I have a set of new leather seat covers to put on an extra set of seats I have. Also I have several yards of that same leather to redo the door inserts to match.
    No performance mods other than the exhaust and maybe an intake but that's it. It's going to be the luxury GT cruiser it was designed to be and my plans are to cruise in it....around the country.

This is awesome. Let me know what happens with the springs. I would like new springs as well, but I think all the aftermarket ones drop too much. I haven't been able to find any new stock springs in either pre 89 or post 89.

SM Expert on White trash

Quote Originally Posted by Silver MK3 View Post
    This is awesome. Let me know what happens with the springs. I would like new springs as well, but I think all the aftermarket ones drop too much. I haven't been able to find any new stock springs in either pre 89 or post 89.
    There is a set of springs that only drop a half inch in the rear and inch in the front but are noticeably more firm. I cannot recall the brand but if I have time today I'll search some threads I think they might be in and post em up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

Cool Ford Pinto

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gtsfirefighter View Post
    There is a set of springs that only drop a half inch in the rear and inch in the front but are noticeably more firm. I cannot recall the brand but if I have time today I'll search some threads I think they might be in and post em up.

You're thinking of Suspension Techniques Springs
    1988 Toyota Supra Turbo Auto Two-Tone Blue (21C)/Blue Interior
    Running at 85%

SM Expert on White trash

I just found what I was talking about. Tanabe GF-10's. 1.1" drop in the front and .6" rear.

My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

Cool Ford Pinto

SM Expert on White trash

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1981912

My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

Cool Ford Pinto

Supramania Regular

I forgot about those Tanabe Springs. Almost bought those too.
    1988 Toyota Supra Turbo Auto Two-Tone Blue (21C)/Blue Interior
    Running at 85%

Supramania Regular

I was looking at the Tanabe springs as well. I messaged 3p141592654 a few weeks ago and asked for his fender height measurements so I could compare to mine on a stock 87. What I figured from the measurements was that it drops more like 2" in the front and .5" in the rear. I'm not sure if this is because of the weight differences between an N/A and Turbo or what but I am weary of lowering the car that much.