Powered by Team Mondor
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Operation Drive and Enjoy

naughty by nature

Default Re: Operation Drive and Enjoy

Good luck Ken, sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Maybe that's what I need to get motivate..........a dead line. I don't have any cool meets near me to get ready for though. Nobody around here ever wants to have any get togethers. I'm only getting it running again so I an do a little racing. I've heard these new mustang guys thing their shit is the shit...........but in reality, it can't hold a candle to my shit.........lol

FEAR A GOVERNMENT THAT FEARS YOUR GUN

http://www.break.com/index/one-of-th...-made-2218472#

Supramania Regular

Ken give me a shout when you get to Vegas

Jay almost golf weather....umm... time for a roadtrip.

naughty by nature

George, I've tried to call you a few times from the last number you gave me but for some reason, I never get you or a recording. This saddens me greatly and it's about time you called or came by for some barbque, and Arnold Palmer, and some golf.

Supramania Regular

Jay I am up for some Golden Rule and Golf. They are overseeding here and all the courses are closed. I will give you a shout.

SM Expert on White trash

Oh I cannot say a big enough FUCK YOU to Photobucket. They want $399/year for third party hosting. Hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral View Post
    The MKIII Supra was never intended to be a pure sports car, nor was it intended to have slam you in the seat performance. Please remember that this was Toyota's top of the line showcase for high tech luxury performance. This car was built as a personal luxury car with a performance trend. It's a GT car, not a detuned version of a WRC rally car.
    My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

What in the hell have I gotten myself into?

Cool Ford Pinto

Far From Maddening Crowds

Yeah the photobucket thing is pretty annoying.
    I rebuild / upgrade Supra Differentials - PM me for more information.

1 Piece Driveshaft Information
    Critical Speed Calculator

naughty by nature

Now that's how you revive a thread!!!!!!!

SM Expert on White trash

Well last year I was not able to drive the Supra to Vegas due to multiple issues, which all of those that existed then have been taken care of. This year I swore I would have it ready for this years Supras in Vegas but since I leave tomorrow and there's still a problem, it looks like I'll be having to drive my SC300, which isn't all bad because there will be other SC300's there. Last year I drove my Mercedes ( which has since been totaled ) and it was the only one there.

Ever since I bought the car, the differential has been my nemesis. My fault really for not just getting it rebuilt from the get go. So it's got a 47k mile diff in it now with near bearings and seals. I had a new fuel pump and filter installed because I wasn't sure how old that pump was. Filter was original. Had the output shaft seal replaced on the trans.
    After I picked it up and drove off it was nice to not hear the diff whining and chattering. Highway speeds were super smooth and then all of a sudden some kind of harmonic noise and vibration starts to creep in and then you can feel it throughout the car pretty bad. I let off the gas and coasted then it stopped all of a sudden and I gave it the gas and it was gone. So yesterday I crawled up under there and was prying on things and discovered my transmission seems to move up and down a little too freely so I ordered a transmission mount that should be here today. If that doesn't alleviate the problem then I'll pack up the Lexus. It would be really nice to go to a big Supra event in my Supra.
    I really want to do the trip so I can say I drove the farthest and with a stock 7M.

I've had no time to work on the cosmetics of the car. It's still a 15 footer. Back in April I had another shoulder surgery, this time on the left side, and that saddled me for almost four months. It's always something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral View Post
    The MKIII Supra was never intended to be a pure sports car, nor was it intended to have slam you in the seat performance. Please remember that this was Toyota's top of the line showcase for high tech luxury performance. This car was built as a personal luxury car with a performance trend. It's a GT car, not a detuned version of a WRC rally car.
    My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

What in the hell have I gotten myself into?

Cool Ford Pinto