Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost controllers?

Supramania Regular

Default Re: Boost controllers?

i went and read up on the new profec, i like the little boost graph it makes. It's not $430 cool yet but might be when i run a larger turbo.
    WTB Supra hardtop

Jeff Lange wannabe

I realize not everyone has money, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZpCYe_0Azs
    --Lonnie : SupraStore customer service | Re-engineered GReddy Type S BOV group buy

^ Click for my 88 Supra turbo updates. Newest: 6-21/14. Also, Project9! and Project Pit Viper

Badass

My aem works pretty well for boost control. lol a bit expensive if you are just doing bolt ons, but it does closed loop, and tuning.

I have a greddy profec B in my new car I just picked up. it has an aem v1 in it also, so I will be getting rid of the boost controller sometime in the near future. if anyone is interested in making an offer pm me.

Supramania Regular

Anyone running a high end controller like the APEX'i AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller or HKS EVC VI Boost Controller? They looks to have boost by gear settings and you can display a graph of your boost levels to help dial in gains at any rpm between 500-9000. I guess the draw back in the $500 price tag and ever a little more for the HKS. They still look very capable full of features.
    WTB Supra hardtop

tireflaminrumpshaker

I have the Apexi and its been reliable and has a lot of bonus features. When I got a non working dash upgrade the tach readout made fixing it a breeze. It does digital and guage display. You will be peak readings and so many settings you WILL be asking someone for help. Another thing is you get 3 settings for boost. I have A set at stock B at 12 PSI and C for WAS THAT A FRIGGING HONDA REVVING BESIDE ME>!>!>!>!

If you get it be prepared to go into your ECU wiring to tap the connections. It can also monitor injector pulse I think. I don't use it but I would have to look it up. I have mine on a stalk so its an odd install.
    Currently running: K&N Fipk, BIC downpipe, Titan Catalytic, Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion, 57 Trim Turbo with Stainless lines, Lipp Intercooler blockoff plate, Eibach Pro kit Springs, Tokico Illumina IIs, HKS SSV bov, Apexi AVC-r, Drilled slotted rotors, ARZ CPS cover, Borbet Rims, Yokahoma AVVid tires (never again) Autometer guages the Facime leather covered steering wheel.... Of course its never done its a Supra!!!

Supramania Regular

i have a greddy profec b spec 2. works great. i plan on using my aem ems though as it will allow me to do boost by gear, etc....