Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing coolant out of overflow tank

Supramania Regular

Default Re: Losing coolant out of overflow tank

i just installed a new factory toyota thermostat and radiator cap. here's to hoping that works.

Supramania Regular

well,,,,,
    the temp gauge never spiked this morning, and the rad was full.

BUT, the radiator shit the bed.
    hopefully that was part of the problem the whole time.

Supramania Regular

ok, a little more info.....
    the car loses coolant out of the overflow after i drive it hard. the upper hose seems to have a lot of pressure in it.
    strangely, the temp gauge never goes past halfway. i did just replace it with a brand new one, so it should be ok.
    is there any chance that it's NOT a bad headgasket? if so, what else could it be?

I have similar symptoms. My car has failed a block test, so I definitely have BHG. The car runs and boosts fine, but I lose coolant after a long or hard drive. I have no smoke, even at start up. If I drive it normally for short trips, I can go several days without having to add coolant. I see a few spots of oil in the coolant bottle, but no coolant in the oil. My car has an HKS headgasket and ARP bolts done by the previous owner. Retorque didn't help my case. I'm going to try a new Cometic gasket and a different head and ARP studs this time around.
    1992 Supra w/Sunroof 7M-GTE Auto
    CT26 60-1, Denso 550s, Lexus AFM, Aeromotive AFPR, Apexi Power Intake, 3" Downpipe, 3" Custom Exhaust, High Flow Elbow, HKS SSQV, AEM Wideband, AEM TruBoost, Apexi SAFC-II, Tein Street Advance Coilovers, Sparco NSII 18x8.5+45/18x9.5+40