Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: High compression high RPM 7M-GE build

Lurker

Default Re: High compression high RPM 7M-GE build

Very interesting !

Supramania Regular

Will you be building a crank girdle for the mains as well? Use billet mains and extended main studs that tie into the girdle to keep the 7m crank from being a wet noodle at the RPMs this thing might see.

Also, you can do like IJ did and use an electric water pump with the 7mge water pump to keep cavitation from happening at high RPMs.
    1988 white 7MGTE(Current) est 360 rwhp.
    1987 red supra turbo shell(Parts car)
    1983 supra 5mge(Sold)
    2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye 2.4

Driftmotion DP-Driftmotion catback-CT2657 16+ PSI-Greddy profec bspec 2-AEM UEGO-Walbro400-AFPR-560cc/Lex-Driftmotion IC hardpipe-HKS SSQ-Apexi intake-KYB Excel GR2-Hankook Ventus RS3 225/60/16

In the makings, 62mm turbo setup. See how far I can push it, shooting for minimum 450 rwhp.

Supramania Regular

idk.. best word I could use?

Impressive.

Supramania Regular

This is awsome job!

Really nice work on the head.. I did some similar mods (except port job):
    - Quake's mod: ARP insert washers (pending, need the correct drill bit and tool, the machine shop ask really too much to do that with CNC)
    - EGR gallery plug
    942506_10202817158300617_2080370446_n.jpg1528604_10202817157980609_412529698_n.jpg
    - Zooloo's mod: opened 6th cylinder water gallery
    1011737_10202817159700652_1608169752_n.jpg1609767_10202817159260641_1198320638_n.jpg

My headwork is not comparable to your, which is soooo clean !

And I thought I did a crazy 7M head. I guess I gotta step it up next time.

I love the machine work you've done. This thing is gonna turn out awesome. You obviously have been doing this for a while.
    rebuild in progress...

Supramania Regular

Can't wait to see how this pans out. Some really impressive fab skills going on here.
    I hope a set of ITBs make their way onto this. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
    Franco-

87 White Hard Top Turbo - Wrecked and parted out

86.5 Blue Hard Top NA - Summer Car

Thanks for the comments guys.

No crank girdle for this one. Ive never had the crank become a "wet noodle" before, you keep the bearing clearances tight and lots of oil up to it and the engine will feel as smooth at 8000rpm as it does at idle. Main bearings arent something you see a lot of fail in these things. B/E's sure, but not mains.
    This motor has ARP main studs as an upgrade, i normally just run OEM bolts in an NA motor.
    The engine this one is replacing turns past 8000rpm on a "stock" bottom end with ARP rod bolts and some oiling upgrades. I actually built this CNC head to go on that motor, but it didnt quite fit so here i am building a new bottom end for it as well.

I have an electric water pump here, but not for this engine. Im saving that for the dry sumped/destroked race motor that i hope to one day finish.
    The genuine water pumps have a steel impellor which seems much more resilient to cavitation than the aftermarket cast ones.

7M4EVR -Sure, NA vs turbo is never going to stack up in $/kw, but going fast isnt all about peak horsepower...

Oops, missed a couple of replies!

Rollus, might i suggest you measure all the insert washers with a micrometer and order them by size before you start. i found the press fit section had a pretty wide tolerance, so i graded them by size before i started which makes it easy to maintain a good fit.

Negativegeforce i was looking at your build thread, very impressive! Will be taking some pointers for the 1000rwhp GTE i am building for a customer of mine
    I built my first 7m 10 years ago, i was just musing yesterday how many have been on that engine stand since... ive literally lost count!
    Ive only been in the machining game for a few years, but i really enjoy it. I run a small aftermarket parts business, Technico Racing, where i make shiny billet stuff, mainly for Toyotas. Most of the custom parts going to this build are or will be available on the website once i get time to update it.

Absolutespeed, no ITB's just yet. Maybe one day, with liquid propane injection. I do have a new manifold and throttle setup to go on this, but it's probably not what you're expecting...

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

How high are you going to rev? 9 or 10?

Looks pretty impressive.

Supramania Regular

This is really cool. I don't think I've ever seen a 7M running on Propane. Keep us updated, I like all the pictures of the machine work too, very cool.