Powered by Team Mondor
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: High compression high RPM 7M-GE build

Default Re: High compression high RPM 7M-GE build

wow long time no update, not too much work on the engine although i have gotten a couple of hours work done on the head (valve clearances half done now) and bought a few new toys for it. still snowed under with work plus my daily drive got written off a couple of days before christmas, so im back to driving the car this motor is being built for. Only catch is i had to throw a junk motor in it to get me around and it is a total POS, uses more oil than fuel (almost!) and has the death rattle over 3200rpm. It has thrown a constant stream of small issues at me so i seem to spend far more time repairing it that id like to!
    However i now have a big ass radiator and big ass fans in there ready for the new motor...

hopefully this bad boy turns up soon

[/QUOTE]

looking good!!! any updates andrew?

Nil progress unfortunately
    I bought a new daily as the cressida as giving me the shits with needing to be fixed all the time.
    I'm actually hoping to get the motor finished off soon, once I get on top of work again. I got the fancy oil pan and I made a revision 2 of the oil pump outlet so the bottom end can get sealed up, then got a few jobs in the head before the long motor is complete (I think)

Ancient thread bump? any updates andrew?

A.K.A. Knight Rider

Interested as well. What a wealth of knowledge buried here. hope you made some progress!!
    Own an A70 Supra in Florida and have a Facebook?
    Join FLA70 to become part of the largest A70 club in Florida!

Like our Facebook Page and join our Facebook Group for events and meet up locations
    Instagrams ---> @florida_a70 @a70boostfiend

Necro bump!!!
    Well there has been some progress lately, quite a bit actually!!
    The engine is nearly together, I should have the long motor completed this week or next.
    I've just finished reassembling the cylinder head and a new HG arrived recently.
    Due to a change of direction I replaced the 280 degree cams with a 268 degree profile, went with 2jz exhaust valves and got a 2mm HG which drops the compression back to 12.4:1
    Reason for the slight de-tune is to make it a bit more friendly to drive down low, a bit less stressed/more reliable and able to run on pump fuel.
    Why?? So I can put it in a truck and go offroading!!!
    Bought an LN65 and am most of the way through the conversion already, hopefully won't be long til it runs now!!
    It's quite a squeeze getting a straight 6 in the engine bay but it just fits!!

I can post up more pics/progress on the build if anyone wants, not sure if there's much interest in old trucks around here though.