Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1jzgte / Borg Warner 83-75 dyno

Supramania Regular

Default Re: 1jzgte / Borg Warner 83-75 dyno

glad to hear it. I'll hopefully have my knock sensor issue fixed soon and we can try a run against each other at sonoma raceway
    WTB Supra hardtop

Supramania Regular

I am game for that, but last time i was out there it was packed and some people that showed up at 4 only made 1 pass. I signed up for the drift on the skid pad and got at least a dozen runs in and i left early.
    JZZ31 drift car build in progress. MK3 owner for 12 years, single 1jz swap in 2005 448 rwhp on pump gas.

Any videos of the drift day? So are your cams true 272 or are they 264? I heard the small core 272 are considered 264's. When do you usually hit full boost? I wonder how much lag I will have on my s366. I think I'm going to save up for some 264's. But I am going to run safc2 on some 550cc for sure. Just sketched out on tuning the safc though. How hard is it? I been reading some guides on it.
    Last edited by kornfedmk3; May 20th, 2014 at 02:51 AM.

Supramania Regular

i have a few videos on my facebook but I don't know how to post them here. I have never actually measured the specs of the small core 272s, but I know they do not have as much lift or lobe seperation as the large cores. I believe the duration is 272.

My set up is a bit laggy for drifting, espically with the stock turbo rear end gearing. I wish I had the RPM scope set up for my pulls, but my wastegate opens at around 4500 rpm with the 360. I plan to put in the 4.30 LSD rear end I have laying around and giving drift another try. I think not having timing control, and running a little rich to be safe is costing me spool and response. I cannot wait until I am done with my mustang to get the AEM and meth all set up.

Tuning with SAFC II is very straight forward, but I recommend also using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You have to remember that as you remove fuel with the SAFC you are also adding timinig by telling the ECU there is less air entering the intake. Its a delicate balance, I tried to use as little SAFC II correction as possible to prevent having too much timing.
    JZZ31 drift car build in progress. MK3 owner for 12 years, single 1jz swap in 2005 448 rwhp on pump gas.

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Removing timing before full boost will also cause lag. Generally you want a good amount of timing up till about full boost and then back it off and then slowly start adding some in. Could be a reason why your spool time is so late.

If your running the .91 divided housing should see full spool around 4k I would imagine.

Nice. Yeah I will be using a afpr for sure I already got a aeromotive just need the install kit. I can't wait to give it a shot I think I could handle the adjustments fine on the safc.
    I can watch your first video you posted of your dyno. Post some more.

Supramania Regular

here is a video from the dift day. Obviously I have no idea what I am doing but it was alot of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=2&theater

Supramania Regular

Is there a link for non-facebook people? Yes, there are people still not on facebook.

Yea I can't see that one. Maybe save it to photobucket or something. I get the rest of my parts to put my s366 on this week probably doing it next weekend can't wait!

Supramania Regular

You will love the sound for sure. I will try to get that video hosted elsewhere, but it will be a while as i suck at teh internets.