Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: '89 Turbo Supra build

Default Re: '89 Turbo Supra build

I might! I really hate that I had to buy the things from C7, they're really expensive! There was one that's completely missing from the car though and a 2nd one is in pretty rough shape so I had to do something...
    1989 Turbo Supra, White Pkg - Build In Process
    7M-GTE w/stock turbo | Auto | Divorced/Recirculated Downpipe | Tanabe Touring Exhaust | DriftMotion Intercooler Kit
    Tokico Illuminas with H&R Springs | 18" CCW Knockoffs | waiting to be reassembled...

2016 Tundra CrewMax TRD Pro
    TRD Intake | LED DRL/Fog Light Upgrade | Predator Pro Steps | Corsa Exhaust
    BFG A/TKO2 285/65R18 | OEM Audio+ | Camlocker | DIY Auto Headlights

2009 Tundra D-Cab TRD Sport
    Lowered, supercharged and SOLD

2004 4Runner V8 4WD - SOLD

I just received some new suspension parts! I got KYB shocks/mounts and a set of H&R Springs. I also found a set of white mouldings in good condition on eBay so I bought those and cancelled the order from C7. Things are coming together slowly... I'm still waiting on some fuel and oil lines from DriftMotion, hoping to have the engine assembled and ready to drop in soon.

Default '89 Turbo Supra build

I've been looking at wheels, trying to figure out what I'm going to buy. I want 18's. I like the mesh-style wheels and there are tons of options out there. They look great on these cars and it seems like I couldn't go wrong with those.

But... Then I found some bronze TSW Panoramas for a decent price. I've been trying to find some pictures of them on a supra but can't find much. Has anyone seen them on a mk3 or have any opinions on them?

It looks like I'm going to choose between those or some CCW classic style mesh wheels...

Here's a pic:

Also, it's looks like they come in 18x8 +45 front and 18x9.5 +42 for the rear. Judging by what other guys have used it seems like these offsets should work, right?
    7M-GTE w/stock turbo | Auto | Divorced/Recirculated Downpipe | Tanabe Touring Exhaust | DriftMotion Intercooler Kit
    Tokico Illuminas with H&R Springs | 18" CCW Knockoffs | waiting to be reassembled...

Supramanian

I vote mesh. If CCW's aren't in your budget...XXR 531's

I love polished wheels

Your entire car would be a Duane Stephen's replica.

Haha! Just googled that name to see who it was. That car is the reason I wanted the mesh style wheels. Didn't know the owner's name but I've seen the car all over the internet.

CCW's aren't in the budget right now. I've already spent more than I expected on random hardware, hoses, gaskets and stuff...

Ended up ordering these:

They were pretty cheap CCW replicas. I'll see how they work out. If I'm not happy with the quality I'll end up getting something else later.

Supramania Regular

Pull the gas tank down and have a look in there. Good time to replace that fuel filter while you're at it.
    Your car sat a little longer than mine and this is what my fuel pump and inside of my tank looked like. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I'm planning on it! Forgot to mention the PO also said he put a new tank and new fuel pump in it. I planned on dropping the tank anyway to check it out and make sure everything is okay but hopefully I won't find anything like ^ that!! 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Joe__G View Post
    CCW's aren't in the budget right now. I've already spent more than I expected on random hardware, hoses, gaskets and stuff...

Ended up ordering these:

They were pretty cheap CCW replicas. I'll see how they work out. If I'm not happy with the quality I'll end up getting something else later.
    How much did the run you? Details on them?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Supramania Regular

Im glad that you found those used white moldings. I was going to suggest you try to find a set on Ebay or here in the for sale section, but then i read further down, that you did just that. As you move along with your build, use the for sale section here for all the bits and pieces you may need- its a great resource.

Good luck on your build. Looks like you're off to a great start.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    Project: Lexx- 1988 Targa 5spd.
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    Daily: Dora- 1989 Targa 5spd.
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.