Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1 and 2...

Supramania Regular

Default Re: Project: Git 'er done before the Mayans come! Stage 1...

Looking good man keep up the work! well worth it
    -Jordan.
    My Personal Instagram @Built1jz and I Created a Page for all Mk3 owners @A70_Addicts

My build thread Furious 7M owner who gave up JUST CLICK ON IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan JZ View Post
    This one wont have the infamous 'M' for malfunction, so I think he'll be just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Been replaced with a "J" though
    (for Jordan so it's gonna be a close thing)
    Youtube Account - Turbo habanero's youtube Channel Clicky

Looks good Diego! I need you to weld mine up if I keep her that is.
    87 Supra Turbo: Looking to do a stock rebuild with enough mods to reach 400rwhp then I'll be content.

Boost lag: The false hope that you give the other car where they think they might win.

Supramania Regular

Not too much new here, as I've been out of town.
    Currently at a bed & breakfast in Nantucket- it's a nice change.
    I did just order the Megan street coilovers, so hopefully, they'll get to my house in a few days, and I can post a few installed pics.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    Project: Lexx- 1988 Targa 5spd.
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    Daily: Dora- 1989 Targa 5spd.
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

Supramania Regular

Well, Got just a little bit done today, more tomorrow, hopefully.
    With some helpful advice from Toyotanos, I finally managed to break loose both of my rear CV axles:

Ordered some new ones, as well as new wheel studs for the rear.
    Also, I managed to pop out one of the rear spherical bushings from the hub. In case you're curious- this is what they look like inside:
    Old and new:

New one installed:

Tomorrow, I will clean both rear hubs, degrease both rear brake cables, and install the last few Energy suspension bushings,
    and the other side's new spherical bushing. Both the new axles and the Megan coilovers should arrive Monday. then it's reassembly time.
    Last edited by supraguy@aol; September 7th, 2017 at 05:12 PM. Reason: correct typo's
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

Supramania Regular

Today:
    Pulled out the last two hub bushings(the lower rubber and lower spherical) from the passenger hub, and cleaned up the hubs/ painted them.
    Under all that dirt it was practically bare metal, so I just threw little black paint on them too keep em from rusting.
    If you notice in this pic, you'll see that both hubs had paint numbers on them, indicating to me that both rear hubs were replaced at one point.
    I've had this car since '96, so the previous owner(a woman) must have fu@%ed up the rear end somehow...

After paint:

I would have done more work, but the temp was dropping like crazy here, so I packed it in.
    Picked up all new rear studs today, as well as ordered two new balljoint dust boots for my upper control arms.
    Found out that they're available seperately from the arms, and my arms are both in good shape, except for the boots.
    Part number 43324-14010, in case anybody needs some.
    So now, I'm waiting on:
    Two new axles
    Megan coilovers
    balljoint boots
    Warmer temps.
    I expect that I'll be done with the rear suspension by Wednesday or Thursday, barring any out-of-town trips.
    Then it's on to the front suspension.
    Last edited by supraguy@aol; September 7th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.

Supramania Regular

After install of parking brakes, cables and new studs:

I sure hope the axles come tomorrow, because I'm running out of things to do back there.
    Regardless, I guess i'll be reinstalling the differential, hubs and all arms to the subframe, so it should at least *look* like there's progress...
    The only other cosmetic thing I want to do, is powdercoat the calipers.
    Last edited by supraguy@aol; September 7th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.

Supramania Regular

Yay me.
    Now I'm looking for some axles to show up...
    Last edited by supraguy@aol; September 7th, 2017 at 05:15 PM.

Supramania Regular

AArgh!
    I started assembling the rear subframe today, by installing the arms, diff, and hubs.
    Problem is- I soon relized that the halfshafts were going to hit the new upper subframe braces!
    SO, I had to cut them back out. Now I'll have to weld in some new ones, slightly outboard from the original positions.

On a brighter note, I picked up my new upper control arm ball joint boots from Toyota and installed them:

Also, I asked the parts guy about ordering a new boot for the balljoints on the rear toe arms, but he told me that Toyota doesn't sell them seperately.
    He DID, however suggest that I go over to Honda, and see what they had, since they did have boots to sell seperately.
    Here's what I came up with:

Not the right shape, right?
    Here it is installed:

That's more like it!

Then, I decided to install the new Megans on the rear:

That's all for now. Still waiting on the new halfshafts, but I almost have the subframe completed.
    Last edited by supraguy@aol; September 7th, 2017 at 05:17 PM.

Supramania Regular

I had a feeling those braces were going to hit.
    | 7MGE-T | Rebuilt Steel Center W58 | ACT HD 6-Puck | Ford Carrier Bearing | 3.73 LSD | DM DP | MBC @ 12PSI | Cone Filter | HKS D2 Sport Exhaust | Tien SS Coilovers | Energy Bushings | Brembo Rotors | EBC Redstuff | Goodridge Lines | ATE Super Blue |
    [NA-T 7M][CenCalSupras]

WANTED:
    -Aftermarket radiator
    -3in Metallic Cat
    -Better MBC

Supramania Regular

Live and learn.
    The old ones are already out. just gotta buy some new stock to weld in.