Powered by Team Mondor

Thread: 7M-GE ACIS Reference Thread

Supramania Regular

Default 7M-GE ACIS Reference Thread

These images were scanned by Nick M, so credit goes to him!

Default Re: ACIS Reference Thread

why does that top part show the system working backwards, low rpms the valve is horizontal and high rpms the valve is vertical sealing the two sides shut.

John 3:16

It's not backwards. It's supposed to be closed at low rpm and open at high rpm. Longer runner length increases lower rpm torque. Shorter runner length increases higher rpm torque.
    MPR

89 MKIII NA 7MGE 5spd - Stock - Daily Driver

Zombie Chicks Are Hot

So would this system not functioning properly cause a 'dead spot' in the power band between 3-4k rpms? The car then pulls fine past 4k to redline. I have the ACIS hooked up to the vacuum, but not to a VSV. I have several VSV's, but do not have a part number for which one is which. Any help on that?

TheBEAST... Black 1988 7mgte - .040" overbore - 3" DDP to 3" Blitz Nur system - 57 trim w/ Garrett internals - Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel - Stage 4 6-puck ACT Xtreme Clutch/PP - Single Piece Aluminum DS - 560cc EVO 9 injectors - Lex V8 AFM housing - 3.9 LSD - Fully Rebuilt by My Hand and still kicking ass 3 years later!
    MAFT Pro running Speed Density @19psi - estimated 400hp crank, more power can be gained with better tuning

Established 1994

No. It depends on how it would fail, but a likely scenario is the solenoid on the VSV freezing. The default position of the valve is open. The car would be a little sluggish down low, then take off in the upper range.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by MPR View Post
    It's not backwards. It's supposed to be closed at low rpm and open at high rpm. Longer runner length increases lower rpm torque. Shorter runner length increases higher rpm torque.
    ohhhnow i see it i was confused on how it really works i was looking into the amount of intake volume more than actual intake runner length when its open the whole thing has a shorter path to run with when its closed the intake has a longer runner length for air volume.
    loving supras more than i should

Established 1994

When the valve is closed, air pulses from the valvetrain bounce back up the intake. They hit the closed valve and come back down providing a mild supercharging effect. And yes, the valve being closed provides a longer runner. That makes for more volume only at low speed due to the higher velocity. At high speed, the smaller plenum can not fill the runners fast enough, so the valve opens allowing more volume at higher engine speed.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

www.thereligionofpeace.com <------- stay in the know, religion drives political beliefs