Powered by Team Mondor
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: 1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

87T Supra

Default Re: 1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

I see soo many parts I never seen on a mk3 before, very nice project.
    2004 Lexus GS300 - daily diver
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - burgundy exterior w/gray interior the summer driver.
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - parted put
    1987 Toyota Supra N/A - Sold

Some Pictures.
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81005

Classifieds Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by josbeat View Post
    jajajaja yes! i know what you say.... another owner of a Supra whish started a track Supra years ago had a bad influence in mine !!

thanks!
    I know how that goes, I blame my buddies Andrew and Clint for getting me into these cars in the first place. My project is a fine line between street car and track car, so it is a LOT heavier than yours, but it makes a great road trip car to get to far away tracks, so it works out. It's difficult though, with a dual purpose car. Track only, sacrifices of comfort are easy to make as it will make the car faster... you understand I'm sure.

What am I looking at in the passenger side foot well? Looks like a hydraulic reservoir of some sort. Remote brake booster?
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1999 Miata, 2000 LS400, 2002 Miata
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra

Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    I know how that goes, I blame my buddies Andrew and Clint for getting me into these cars in the first place. My project is a fine line between street car and track car, so it is a LOT heavier than yours, but it makes a great road trip car to get to far away tracks, so it works out. It's difficult though, with a dual purpose car. Track only, sacrifices of comfort are easy to make as it will make the car faster... you understand I'm sure.

What am I looking at in the passenger side foot well? Looks like a hydraulic reservoir of some sort. Remote brake booster?
    yes i know exactly what you want to do, because that is what i was doing in the begining, all day car but prepared for track.
    for that prupouse the best suspension is the TEIN flex with EDFC with 18kg front 9 or 10 kg rear springs.
    the problem is allways you will want more.... hahahaha
    if i do it again i will use a seq gearbox ofcourse but i will use the Quaife gearbox but the Helical one, lot less noisy.
    the 2jz is heavier than the 7m, but with the 7m dont forget to use a special pan or dry sump.

the pump on the passenger foot well is the electric steering pump but maybe it will be moved to the back
    it dotn have brake booster.

Classifieds Moderator

Running a dry sump 1jz here actually... only one in the world that I'm aware of, because most people who dry sump Supras are smart enough to do it with a 2j haha.

I'd consider a sequential, or a twin clutch, but deep down I really like manually shifting. It's a lot more involving.

Electric power steering pump, very interesting. So, the pump is driven by an electric motor, but you still have hydraulic steering? Good solution...

Personally I'm trying to get as much weight off the nose as I can, and relocate it to the area behind the front seats. Low and centralized for good weight distribution. I've gone so far as to increase the weight in the back by a bit, just to shift that balance to the rear.
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1999 Miata, 2000 LS400, 2002 Miata
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by josbeat View Post
    what did it come in at?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemax189 View Post
    what did it come in at?
    1170 kg with 20 ltr fuel, street tyres ,extinguiser and some other stuff what isnt fitted before , like the windscreen washer bottle and the exhaust wrapped.
    the driver or copilot dosnt make any difference on the weight balance now is 52 front 48 rear. soon i will check with full tank,
    ohhh!! i just remember that the flat floor is not fitted! that will be another 15 kg more or less. puff where to remove 15 kg? because i like the flat floor....

i been test driving the Supra on a mountain road , firts atemp was to test the coolant system but in the end i tested the handling aswell.
    the coolant system works well but i need to tell that the outside temp was arround 12 but i been driving on a slow trafic so with a minimal air flow due a slow speed and close to other cars the temp allways was under 80 with a 88 thermostat so .... good .

handling . difficult to say if is good or bad, but i can tell that it turns so fast really fast , to soon to say if it oversteer or if it turns like a hell! only i can say is .... NICE!!