Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jza70 R edition

JZA70 TT-R

Default Re: jza70 R edition

Finally some updates! Hiro body kit arrived and installed (other then the tail mask but it has to be painted so it's going on last) Also got my ST swaybars on. Apparently didn't tighten one bushing down enough it's slipped over & torn albeit.

will post more updates after it comes back from paint next week, also changing out exhaust, debating if I should cut it more but the new tip isn't 5" so it should clear my rear difuser lol
    '91 twin turbo JZA70 R edition
    '02 Jaguar X-Type - Daily Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandavi
    Today I taught my son how to drive stick in my car.

Ended the drive by showing him a two gear boosted burnout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doat
    I wish you were my dad

Now you know

I dig the side skirts

Whats in the Garage..... Well the yard!
    2003 Toyota RAV4 - NA 4 Door - 2.0L 5 Speed Manual AWD
    1987 Toyota Supra - NA Hard Top - 1UZ-FE+DET3+Vortech = 1 Good Time

1UZ-FE Information Center
    1UZ-FE + Pre-89 MA70 Wiring
    1UZ-FE + W58 + MA70 Parts List
    1UZ-FE/SC400 Manual

MidEast Region Supra Owners
    Find us on Facebook!
    Find us Online!

JZA70 TT-R

the only thing not hiro on my car haha, I'm trying to source the spoiler right now from an importer locally but it doesn't sound like I'll get it until 3-6 months after it's painted

should mention my plans for the summer include a head rebuild as during hot summer days I burn oil from a valve seal issue I found.
    Last edited by Beals; July 2nd, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

I wish you were my dad

JZA70 TT-R

a little sneak preview update

I have deleted the rear wiper, installed smoked blinkers and am currently in search of aero mirrors and a ultra-rare Trust Gracer spoiler.. Might also invest in a sunshade when I find one with hardware that's not cracked or used.

As of now I'm waiting for the head back from the machine shop. R154 received DM's full rebuild kit, sadly the "lightweight flywheel" i bought used wasn't an 8 bolt for a 1jz like advertised.
    Last edited by Beals; December 2nd, 2015 at 12:39 AM.

I wish you were my dad

Supramania Regular

Looking good.
    My Over-budget, Over-deadline build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-come!-Stage-1... It now runs!
    Project: Lexx- 1988 Targa 5spd.
    NA-GTE swap, Megan EZ Street coilovers, ST swaybars, custom endlinks, Energy Suspension bushings, 18x9/18x10 FR500's, ECU masters DET3, Denso direct-fit 680cc injectors on a brand new oem harness, Aeromotive Stealth pump, Driftmotion IC/ hardpipe setup, Kamainari whaletail, 3in. Magnaflow/Borla exhaust, chromoly flywheel, Spec 2+ clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Wiseco pistons, Cunningham rods, full flow oil cooling setup, Cometic 2mm HG, ATI super damper, ARP head, rod, main and flywheel fasteners, HKS style exhaust manifold, Precision 6266 CEA turbo, DG500 COP setup, Fluidyne radiator, GTmat sound deadening, new carpet. Coming soon: New leather, new sound, new paint.

My under budget, clean & slow build: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...RY-short-build
    Daily: Dora- 1989 Targa 5spd.
    7MGTE, mhg and ARP's, aluminum radiator freeflow DP, Apex'i intake, HKS Super Drager exhaust, 18" FR500's, Tanabe GF210 springs, ST swaybars, Illumina 2 TEMS shocks.
    Lexus afm, 560 injectors, Apexi Neo, wideband. Two-tone black/grey tweed interior, Pioneer Bluetooth/ Pandora/ Sirius/XM stereo. So much for keeping it stock.

JZA70 TT-R

Got some pictures of my head back from the machine shop! Mild port & polish, Brian Crower 1.6mm over sized valves, BC springs & retainers. Ready for a new 2JZ head gasket of course. A little over kill to fix some burning oil but I figure I better do it right the first time if I'm going to tear into the head.

Also heres a shot of Albert's rebuilt ct12a's on my new X-pipe, going to heat wrap it since I'm deleting factory heatshield.

Last edited by Beals; December 2nd, 2015 at 01:07 AM.

I wish you were my dad

Boost Addict

Looks good but your crooked intercooler really bugs me

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    272 Schneider Cams, S362SX-E, PTR Performance FFIM, AEM Water-Methanol, ECU Masters EMU, ID1000 Injectors

91' Red Hardtop

JZA70 TT-R

Quote Originally Posted by sheedy126 View Post
    Looks good but your crooked intercooler really bugs me

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    to make matters worse, the body shop got overspray all over my intercooler. Just glad it's a driftmotion special or I would be choked. I do plan to level it I just ran out of patience at the time and wanted my car back together. I think I'm going to flip it and stencil it and square it up all I need to do is re-tap a new hole on my home-made bracket lol

I wish you were my dad

Nice car! Those twins are pretty fun at stock boost IMO. Ever get the chance to look inside that chinaman Y pipe while it was out? The tubing tends to be positioned to overhang inside, creating a lot of drag against the velocity of the hot gasses inside. I wish I had time to just use a air demal with a cylinder abrasive to grind those overhangs smooth just for a piece of mind, sort of like porting.

I really like the the side skirts and lip you have. Car looks very clean! All of your pictures of page 1 are gone though.
    Resurrection complete. Road worthy soon. Build thread-> http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...surrection-1JZ

JZA70 TT-R

Quote Originally Posted by 87supramario View Post
    Nice car! Those twins are pretty fun at stock boost IMO. Ever get the chance to look inside that chinaman Y pipe while it was out? The tubing tends to be positioned to overhang inside, creating a lot of drag against the velocity of the hot gasses inside. I wish I had time to just use a air demal with a cylinder abrasive to grind those overhangs smooth just for a piece of mind, sort of like porting.

I really like the the side skirts and lip you have. Car looks very clean! All of your pictures of page 1 are gone though.
    yeah imageshack must of finally expired them when they started getting more hits. Also the 1jz x-pipe was super clean, I was thinking I might of got lucky and recieved an older raptor racing version bc all the welds were perfect or someone took the time to go over before selling it to me (came from U.S.)

another shot, almost all back together I'm stoked.

things I need to do over winter:
    1jz pigtails/shrink wrap for the coils
    Engine dress up (trd oil cap, shiny new bolts, brake cleaner the shit out of everything now that oil leaks are fixed)
    install all my gauges (Innovate wideband, HKS boost, oil pressure & water temp)
    300 km/hr cluster swap
    check for ignition break-up at high rpms (happened before rebuild on only 9lbs of boost!) fix with HKS DLI twin power or open to suggestions?

I wish you were my dad