Powered by Team Mondor
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The TEMS System and HKS EAC-T Bible

Addict

Default Re: The TEMS System and HKS EAC-T Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Drake69 View Post
    Important first question. Your HKS buttons all light up, correct? If you are not seeing your HKS buttons lit up you aren't getting power to the controller.

Secondly, check the plugs going into the harness under the kick panel to make sure everything's tight. If you remove and reseat the plugs it should readily clear up the problem. Also check the wires going into the back of the controller itself. Make sure everything is connected as a loose solder or pulled wire could lose connectivity to a particular setting on the HKS.

It's also possible you could have frayed or crimped wires in the HKS harness. If you don't see any obvious breaks in the line you may have to cut away the wrapping until you can inspect all the wires in the connection (just make sure you rewrap it up as carefully as you can, or use that accordion plastic tubing to keep everything nice and neat.). Also check for cracks in the HKS plugs themselves as well as the cable it's connecting into to make sure you see no loose or damaged ends.

When all else fails, reconnect your old TEMS controller back in and test it to make sure you see all three lights lit (like going hard into a corner or heavy braking while set on "Sport".). After a few heavy-handed maneuvers you don't see three lights, then the problem is in the TEMS computer or elsewhere.
    okay ill check everything im pretty sure its all connected. i have a 92 with factory tems and my hks has only 1 plug conector at the controller itself. is this the wrong one?
    92' Teal Turbo Targa, semi awesome 7m w/ 57trim. wtb more fuel, and boost!
    USAF b52 crew chief 2mxs Knuckle busters

Is it possible to convert a car that didn't have TEMS? I have a parts car with the complete system that worked so I'm going to try and do it but just want to make sure its possible. One thing I've run into is I don't know where the 4 wires go on the back of the gauge cluster. They are black, red, green, and blue but I only see 2 TEMS marked spots on the gauge cluster. Thanks.

Enjoyin' mah ride...

Quote Originally Posted by 87MK111Supra View Post
    Is it possible to convert a car that didn't have TEMS? I have a parts car with the complete system that worked so I'm going to try and do it but just want to make sure its possible. One thing I've run into is I don't know where the 4 wires go on the back of the gauge cluster. They are black, red, green, and blue but I only see 2 TEMS marked spots on the gauge cluster. Thanks.
    It's not something I've heard done completely, since not only do you need the actuators, controller, computer, wiring, dash lights, and shocks, but also the internal sensors on the engine block as well. The wiring diagrams should be available at the cygnus website, and that would give you something to research on the conversion. But I'm sure having a donor vehicle will go a long way to get what you're looking for.

Ok, well currently I have Tokico Illuminas with Eibahcs, the 2 front and 2 rear strut actuators, the dash lights, the tems console controller, and the wiring is already there for the strut actuators which is strange as the wiring for the controller is not. What other sensors and whatnot do I need?

Enjoyin' mah ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake69
    The four sensors which assist in the various settings are:

1: Throttle Position Sensor (TPS): for anti-squat
    2: Brake sensor: for anti-dive (nose-forward during hard braking)
    3: Steering-angle sensor: for anti-roll (side-to-side)
    4: Speed sensor: for anti-squat and “Firm” setting
    http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...aspx?S=FA&P=29

Start with this first, then go to the section on electrical wiring diagrams. The sensors should be easy to trace out IF you can follow the diagram. Since I have never installed a full TEMS system, I can't tell you exactly what you need or where it all is. I can only go by the TSRM and what I learned about TEMS.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Drake69; May 19th, 2010 at 01:57 AM.

THE DRIVELINE GUY

in you picture of the unit being lit up, mine is functioning, lights on the dash work, the little green indicators "above" the buttons work, and will turn to red. but the buttons themselves do not light up...i just paid alot of money for this off someone on here being told it worked fine, im trying to keep my cool about this. anything i should check?

also, this write up helped out in a few areas i was scratching my head. props to the op.
    WORST PART OF A 7M IS THE ASSWAGON WANNABE MECHANICS

THE DRIVELINE GUY

anyone have an idea as to why this isnt lighting up?? faulty, bad soldering?
    WORST PART OF A 7M IS THE ASSWAGON WANNABE MECHANICS

Enjoyin' mah ride...

Quote Originally Posted by BOOSTEDSUPRA View Post
    in you picture of the unit being lit up, mine is functioning, lights on the dash work, the little green indicators "above" the buttons work, and will turn to red. but the buttons themselves do not light up...i just paid alot of money for this off someone on here being told it worked fine, im trying to keep my cool about this. anything i should check?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOSTEDSUPRA View Post
    anyone have an idea as to why this isnt lighting up?? faulty, bad soldering?
    Ok, you say it works. When you select "Hard" mode does all three lights come on at the dash? If they start flashing then something is wrong, usually it's the unit not getting enough power. Also check each mode by selecting them and waiting to see if it lights correctly. If any of them cause the dash panel to start flashing, then something is wrong.

Also, the lights in the buttons aren't terribly bright. Mine only really show up at night.

Not sure if you can help me but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm looking to find out what exactly the three wires from the ECU to the TEMS do (L1, L2, L3). I need to figure out what kind of signal was being communicated between the two.

I'm already assuming it works in conjunction with the ECU seeing the TPS and Speed sensors are wired to the ECU. Does the ECU just use an on/off configuration when specific conditions are met? Or is it more than that?

Any help would be awesome!

Enjoyin' mah ride...

Quote Originally Posted by rfurgy View Post
    Not sure if you can help me but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm looking to find out what exactly the three wires from the ECU to the TEMS do (L1, L2, L3). I need to figure out what kind of signal was being communicated between the two.

I'm already assuming it works in conjunction with the ECU seeing the TPS and Speed sensors are wired to the ECU. Does the ECU just use an on/off configuration when specific conditions are met? Or is it more than that?

Any help would be awesome!
    You are going to need a wiring diagram from the FSM for that. I did not get that in-depth with the engineering of the ECU-to-TEMS system, so I would have no earthly idea what to tell you. Check Cygnus's TSFSM for your electrical wiring needs.