+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinger thread....

T-virus infected

Default Re: Stinger thread....

Quote Originally Posted by rakkasan View Post
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing....

Are you running Stinger on your 7M? I'll help if I can.

no not as of yet still waiting for my maft pro to be SOLD!!!

Joe, I wasnt looking to borrow someones map with my setup because as far as I know there isnt anyone reporting with the same setup as I. Dunno if you were directing to me or just to say it to be known.

But when the time comes I would like to look at a map for some reference points.

As soon as the maft pro gets sold everyone will see more of me with the stinger!

"Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life."
    Resident Jelly Bean
    1993 1JZ SC300
    1994 6766

Currahee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin727 View Post
    But when the time comes I would like to look at a map for some reference points.
    Take it for what it's work, but start off by replicating you stock timing map. I didn't, and I wasted a lot of time & money

Back in the game!

Why do you have the idle speed turned off in the stinger? Couldn't it work with the "Use TPS" feature on, with your target idle speed?

BTW, THX for the map, I should have a stinger in by the end of summer, and your map will be an amazing base map for me (holset HX35 with 440s and hopefully machined JZA80 cams)
    Last edited by foreverpsycotic; May 4th, 2008 at 09:51 PM.

There's something about cruising the streets in a highly modified 20+ year old Japanese car, and absolutely raping the newer domestics/imports that I just couldn't replace with a newer car... - shaeff

Build Thread > http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44235 < Updated:10/27/11

I was just wondering...

Blog Entries

I've just gotten my JZA70 running on the 4424 Stinger...

Took a couple of days to get it running (well, evenings anyway), biggest struggle was the wiring loom, but nothing that can't be figured out by spending a bit of time reading the available literature....

Base map that comes with the V4 stinger is remarkably not cr*p... Not perfect by a long shot, but could be a lot worse...

The Tune Analyzer on the other hand... not sure if it's the latest version only, or whether they're all bad, but it loses the data it's saved very easily...

Not sure why anyone would ever use a "tune analyzer" in the first place. Just tune it to where it drives right and you're 99&#37; of the way there...and that takes maybe an hour or two.

Unplug the lambda sensor and go drive around.

Seriously...step back from the lambda...nothing to see here. Keep it below full throttle until you have the rest of the map done...THEN worry about lambda (a little) at full throttle (preferably on a dyno).

Got Boost?

Hey does anyone have a good base map for the 1JZ besides the one that comes with the Stinger?

Quote Originally Posted by FIL View Post
    I've just gotten my JZA70 running on the 4424 Stinger...

Took a couple of days to get it running (well, evenings anyway), biggest struggle was the wiring loom, but nothing that can't be figured out by spending a bit of time reading the available literature....

Base map that comes with the V4 stinger is remarkably not cr*p... Not perfect by a long shot, but could be a lot worse...

The Tune Analyzer on the other hand... not sure if it's the latest version only, or whether they're all bad, but it loses the data it's saved very easily...
    The map that comes with the Stinger software is waaaaaay off, we had to make new maps from scratch for fuel and timing. Use one of our maps and make minor changes, it will be a lot less work in the long run.

Consistently Awesome, Since 2005. It's Our Full Time Job.
    View/Upload Customer Car Pics: www.photobucket.com/driftmotion

Quote Originally Posted by 10secdream View Post
    Hey does anyone have a good base map for the 1JZ besides the one that comes with the Stinger?
    The first post in this thread has a link to download Mark's map.

Consistently Awesome, Since 2005. It's Our Full Time Job.
    View/Upload Customer Car Pics: www.photobucket.com/driftmotion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigaaron View Post
    The map that comes with the Stinger software is waaaaaay off, we had to make new maps from scratch for fuel and timing. Use one of our maps and make minor changes, it will be a lot less work in the long run.
    Cheers Aaron, I'll have a look at them....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast