+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: big brake kit impressions

Default big brake kit impressions

these things are amazing!

so far i've only had a chance to install the fronts (i'll be putting the rears on this week) but man what a difference. ive played with them a bunch on the street and been on the track a few times.

my car is a 1990 JZA70 TT-R with approx. 500rwhp, and the track i race on has one of the longest (if not the longest, not 100% sure) straight away in canada, so at the end of the front straight im lookin at speeds of around 240km/h (about 150mph). so good brakes are a big issue for me.

with stock brakes i had to stop well before the 1st brake marker, and could barely slow down in time, and that was on lap 1. my first time on the track with stock brakes on my 3rd lap i had to go way past my turn in point, and almost went off track just tryin to get slowed down. i had to start braking so far before the brake markers on laps 2-3+ that it was pretty much a waste of time.

with the front kit installed, im now able to go to about half way between the 2nd and 3rd brake markers and i can stop just as well on my 5th lap as i could on my first (i run 1 warm up lap 4 timed runs and 1 cool down lap).

that might not mean much to someone who hasnt been on a track, especially not this track, but moving up 2 brake markers is HUGE.

another thing worth mentioning i think is that i was able to out-brake my buddies STI from speeds of around 120+ mph. pretty impressive considering the STI has one of the best OEM brake setups out there.

I cant wait to get the rears on too. ill be throwing those on this week and have another track day this weekend. ill post up some results with the rears after that.

if you plan on tracking your supra, you NEED these brakes. i cant say enough about how suprised and impressed i was with them. and andy was awesome to deal with too.

2JZ-GZE

Default Re: big brake kit impressions

Good review. I have to get some if I ever track some more.
    -Boris

96 Supra Turbo - T67, E85, R154
    87 Homo Blue MKIII - Sold 8/08
    Project Sideways - Will never be forgotton.
    Official Wheel Fitment Thread <--- All wheel questions in there please. I am going to start ignoring PMs regarding wheels and tires.
    BorHor's Smugmug Photos - BorHor's Blog

Supramania Regular

waiting on pics here

Senior VIP Member

Which kit are you talking about? 4 or 6 piston?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign_Maker
    I can count on one hand the members of this site that I dont like... You're the middle finger...
    Quote Originally Posted by mibrum View Post
    I shift the gears at 9450rpm
    Buy my stuff **Click here**

Regular Supramaniac

which track is this? I may have to start making road trips to calgary....

oh yeah...my only impression on my brakes thus far is "good god they are big"...

Local Tire Destroyer

His is 4 pot wilwood on a 500+ hp 1JZ with 18's
    The track is Race City Speedway
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wang Bandit
    So fucking legit
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-...2165850?ref=mf

Quote Originally Posted by adampecush
    which track is this? I may have to start making road trips to calgary....

oh yeah...my only impression on my brakes thus far is "good god they are big"...
    the track here sucks, its bumpy and full of patches and ruts and garbage, its like driving on a city street lol. its a joke of a race track. but its fun for high hp cars because theres 2 long straights and many high speed corners. theres only one spot on the track i have to downshift to 2nd, and thats only becuase my car makes no power below 4500rpm, on stock turbos youd never need anything below 3rd gear.

because its so highspeed you pretty much need big power, and big brakes to go with it!

nomnomnom

Arizona Performance

Dan shared these photos with me, he did say that the track really wasnt setup well for viewing and that these were the best he had for now, hopefully his photo guy will have more posted for him soon.

Looks awesome Dan, hope you dont mind me sharing. And Thanks a ton for the kind words.
    Please notice a few new parts on my website like the Cold Start injector cover, and Idle Air Control Block Off Plates for 7M and 1JZ
    The Wilwood Brakes Dude
    www.ArizonaPerformance.com

Lurker

I just test drove mine last night. WOW. It takes a few stops to get used to it with no ABS. It locks them at 60 easily if you're not careful. So basically they function perfect, and they also fit perfect without a buch of headaches like another company I've bought from before. Thanks Andy for a great product at an unbelievable price. Everyone on Supramania should have these.
    ---Nate---
    Quote Originally Posted by upgradedsupra View Post
    Nate is gay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast