Thread: Project Clean 87

Happy as hell :D

Default Re: Project Clean 87

Quote Originally Posted by Piratetip View Post
    Hah, I have you beat!
    Pretty sure I installed mine in...2007
    Either way the memory is going fast...

Look an old photo I dug up!
    Yep they definitely came with the ST bars.
    I installed zerk fittings as well.Attachment 79447
    It could have been late 2007... To be fair this Supra was a rolling shell in March 2007, I drove it home from Camp Pendleton to Portland in October 2007.

Far From Maddening Crowds

Nice.

I bought mine in July of 2003
    I rebuild / upgrade Supra Differentials - PM me for more information.

1 Piece Driveshaft Information
    Critical Speed Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by honestabe View Post

Did you consider the routing / path of your exhaust piping? The location or lowness of the pump and filters may likely cause an interference.
    My 4" barely clears the bottom of the subframe tucked into the rounded area cutout, but still scrapes occasionally on speed bumps, driveways, road imperfections, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDevilSupra View Post
    Did you consider the routing / path of your exhaust piping? The location or lowness of the pump and filters may likely cause an interference.
    My 4" barely clears the bottom of the subframe tucked into the rounded area cutout, but still scrapes occasionally on speed bumps, driveways, road imperfections, etc..
    This is a setup I got from my buddy that was in an un-driven project. I am sure I will have to do some modification once I go to put my exhaust back on. I do plan on building a skid plate for the rear though.

Also, I only have a 3" exhaust so that helps.
    Last edited by honestabe; June 15th, 2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quick poll, should I leave my gas tank black or accent it by painting it gunmetal to match my rims and trim

Gas tank return line fitting JB Welded seal up any micro holes my welding missed. Once cured the tank will be sanded to smooth out imperfections in the JB Weld then painted semi-flat black.

Mock hinge built from an old motorcycle fairing (same ABS plastic and roughly the same thickness). Added a 2nd layer to thicken up the area where the hinge is sunk in. On the real console the 2nd layer will run the whole length of the console.  I heated up the hinge to melt it into the plastic, then added a layer of screen mesh over it to reinforce the hinge.  The black you see is the ABS filler rod I used, just like TIG welding.

This finished console will be body worked to smooth perfection then covered with fabric. This of course is just a proof of concept, no need to make show quality.

Gap no more! On the real thing I will have to create a cavity for the hinge so it sits sealed.

A little progress today. Got the gas tank painted, trimmed the vertical center console piece and removed the vinyl wrap. I forgot about how the console was shaped so I am going to have to use the stock console as my template. I will need to construct it out of several pieces more than planned, but plastic is fairly easy to bend and weld so it shouldn't be an issue.

Told ya'll progress would be slow. Work is sapping a lot of my motivation. 1st time I've had a fuel pump and fuel tank installed in the Supra in about 2 1/2 years. Flipping the fuel pump gave me some fits. Gotta get some AN fittings to make it all work.

87T Supra

Are you going with PTFE hose for your fuel lines?

For my upcoming build I have ordered most fittings from anfittingsdirect and their fuel hose is very good quality stuff. I also ordered a an fitting tester where you hook it up to a air compressor and you can test your lines you made before installing them for any leaks. It's nice to know they will hold 3 times more pressure than you plan on normally running

Other an fittings such as the 90 degree, both fuel rail fittings, an6 to an10 fuel filter fittings and a 180 degree fitting I have bought through a ebay store called Boostec. They have sold thousands of fittings with 100% positive feedback and also have great quality with those as well.
    2004 Lexus GS300 - daily diver
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - burgundy exterior w/gray interior the summer driver.
    1987 Toyota Supra Turbo - parted put
    1987 Toyota Supra N/A - Sold

Some Pictures.
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81005