Thread: AEM v1 sync errors & looses sync tooth

Lurker

Default AEM v1 sync errors & looses sync tooth

I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of weeks now and at a loss and just out of ideas as to what to do/ look for.

I am incountering cam sync error with the AEM V1. While the car is idleing there are no errors and the AEM doesnt drop the sync tooth. I have narrowed it down to being the cam signal as when logging the crank signal is fine. I have replaced the shielded wire loom going to the cps and grounded the shield at the ecu side. This didn't change the situation.

What i see on the AEM is that at random rpms and load levels the ems encounters a sync error and the sync tooth drops to zero for a split second then it finds it again and returns to its original value. I don't think it is the cps as it works fine the majority of the time.

If anyone has any ideas, im open to them.

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Default Re: AEM v1 sync errors & looses sync tooth

What engine

Grease Monkey

Default Re: AEM v1 sync errors & looses sync tooth

I am going to assume 7MGT.

Take the CPS apart and clean it out inside, make sure oil isn't getting into it and that the shaft isn't wobbly. (you might need to replace the seal and bearing).

Check the clearances on both pickups as per the TSRM. You want these on the tight end of the range.
    Torrid red '84 P-type, Black and Grey leather, Fully Restored

Built 7MGTE, AEM V1 EMS, R154, BOSS 60mm GT turbo, 2 1/2" IC and 3" exhaust, the works

ROH wheels, Coilovers, BBK, Konis, Addco bars etc. etc.

450 RWHP at 12psi, on 650CC injectors.