Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: I keep going back in time! Finally found a mkiii--meet crimson tide

Supramania Regular

Default Re: I keep going back in time! Finally found a mkiii--meet crimson tide

Quote Originally Posted by suprapilot View Post
    Special larger washers for the ARP bolts or studs that keeps the washer from slowing sinking in the head and losings torque over time which is why HGs fails. I know someone who sells them on FB which fit in the 7m head.
    Are you referencing the ARP washer mod Quake came up with over at SF, and that Gordon designed the tools for fitment for?

Supramania Regular

Good Stuff in here. Good info Pilot and also, way to help out a fellow enthusiast with the sports turbo catch.
    Congrats Ken. Really want to hear & see a run file on this car once she is back to life again.
    I also ask myself, will I ever see her again...LoL. Maybe Vegas next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Are you referencing the ARP washer mod Quake came up with over at SF, and that Gordon designed the tools for fitment for?

Actually that is a good mod but it has since been disused further that it's actually the washer size that is important. The Quake mod that does the insert fixes the problem as well but from discussion it seems the larger washer does a even better job to spreading the load.
    Current Supra

1992 MKIII Turbo Hardtop (No Sunroof or TEMS) Black/Shadow Grey Project http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-Help-WELCOMED!

1992 MKIII Turbo 66k Miles - Teal/Shadow Grey Leather - Hard Top Sunroof - TEMS - Original Paint Took A Lifetime To Find

MKIII Supras are my favorite. My 92' will be kept till my expiration date.

Past Supras

1984 P-Type Original Paint

1985 P-Type Original Paint

1989 MKIII Turbo 115k Miles Original Paint

1990 MKIII Turbo 55k Miles Original Paint

1993.5 TT Auto MKIV Stock Original Paint

1994 MKIV 6Spd 800WHP Original Paint

Supramania Regular

Actually that is a good mod but it has since been disused further that it's actually the washer size that is important. The Quake mod that does the insert fixes the problem as well but from discussion it seems the larger washer does a even better job to spreading the load.
    Oh awesome, do you have a link to the larger washer discussion by any chance?

The reason I ask is I purchased the reamer tool Gordon made from Gordon, so will be doing the insert washer mod, but that plus the larger washer would be double security

The reason I ask is I purchased the reamer tool Gordon made from Gordon, so will be doing the insert washer mod, but that plus the larger washer would be double security
    Hybrid,

This may be the thread suprapilot was referring to: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ate&highlight=

Ken.

Supramania Regular

Cheers Ken

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    Hybrid,

This may be the thread suprapilot was referring to: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ate&highlight=

Ken.
    Oh nice thread. Never read it but will read it even though the idea is the same with the 2j and 7m.
    Current Supra

1992 MKIII Turbo Hardtop (No Sunroof or TEMS) Black/Shadow Grey Project http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-Help-WELCOMED!

1992 MKIII Turbo 66k Miles - Teal/Shadow Grey Leather - Hard Top Sunroof - TEMS - Original Paint Took A Lifetime To Find

Past Supras

I don't it was actually posted on face shit and they blocked me due to not using my real name. Then they ask for an ID and all that BS so Ill have to start another account it seems.

Anyhow it was a larger washer from ARP then what comes in the kit. As you can see from the 2j guys they are having HG problems now once the washer sinks in and the torque is lost.

IF you do the head insert and put another washer it won't help. The insert being smaller will still dig in first. According to the 7m guy on face shit the larger washer that maxes out the space is the best bet. Now if ARP made the insert head wider then that can also work and better but I don't think they have one maybe which is why they go with a wider washer?
    Current Supra

Past Supras

Supramania Regular

I don't it was actually posted on face shit and they blocked me due to not using my real name. Then they ask for an ID and all that BS so Ill have to start another account it seems.

Anyhow it was a larger washer from ARP then what comes in the kit. As you can see from the 2j guys they are having HG problems now once the washer sinks in and the torque is lost.

IF you do the head insert and put another washer it won't help. The insert being smaller will still dig in first. According to the 7m guy on face shit the larger washer that maxes out the space is the best bet. Now if ARP made the insert head wider then that can also work and better but I don't think they have one maybe which is why they go with a wider washer?
    Thanks Suprapilot,

Can you tell me which FB page it was?

BoOoOoST

B E A UTIFULL!!! what a great example!!

-Saif
    NaberRacing.com

Facebook.com/naberracing

1994 MKIV 8.78 @ 164
    1991 MKIII Hard top 2J/5sp
    1991 C4 Vette Grudge car