+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 440s+afpr+ Lexus afm

Lurker

Default Re: 440s+afpr+ Lexus afm

Not leaning out at all. I also did another mod that has had a lot of debate... did away with the egr valve and made a block plate and she runs great. As a matter of fact just smoked the new gto 6.0 the other day. Some people talk about all the risks, while others test the facts and make it to the moon

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hasn't grenaded for the past four years under 22lbs of boost but my A304e has twice. Lol but that is thanks to a transmission shop who considered me paying for a complete rebuild only consist of replacing the torque converter.
    a304e is a awesome trans

Not leaning out at all. I also did another mod that has had a lot of debate... did away with the egr valve and made a block plate and she runs great. As a matter of fact just smoked the new gto 6.0 the other day. Some people talk about all the risks, while others test the facts and make it to the moon
    im just trying to figure out how you raised fuel cut to 22 psi with no afpr or piggyback
    and your only using a narrowband to monitor afr's

QUESTION: When does the 7mgte require a MHG?

ANSWER: When being assembled in the Toyota plant!!!

Tony Im curious how it was decided what resistor to put inline the lex afm doesn't make much sense to just throw one in there and what'll that do?

Stop feeding the troll...
    In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

Established 1994

To answer your original question, i have been running 440 s with the lexus afm for the past 4 years.
    And Steve Irwin swam with crocodiles and sharks all the time. Was there a point to your post?

a garrett gt 35 turbo and a resistor hooked up to mafs
    The car doesn't have a mass airflow sensor. And a resistor will not change the Hz, which is what the PCM monitors, not the amplitude, or even an non existant analog signal. A resistor might set a code for low voltage. It just depends on how much resistance is in your resistor. And if it was an analog signal, it would read even lower of a signal. Your post if full of fail. Just facts though, right?
    Have you loosened Orion's belt yet? The opposite of right is both left and wrong.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

creepy-ass cracka
    Blog Entries

Big snike! She's ah big bugga!

Lurker

The resistor is hooked up to the mass air flow which is also together with the air intake temp sensor. It sends a false reading of the air temp to the ecu which thinks its much colder outside which in return sends more fuel to the injectors. Since the lexus afm housing is 25% larger or so it only reads through the sensor and allows more air to pass though undetected. The resistor also helps here sending a false report of metered air to the ecu which allows a higher boost until fuel cut. I can get 24psi out but usually hit fuel cut around that time. Have cut back to around 18 right now

Supramania Regular

ive personally drove a civic with a legit mugen engine in it.. it has wiseco pistons & eagle rods, aem cam pulleys, rc injectors (size unknown) tial blow off valve, tial wasteage, gt35 turbo, EDELBROCK intake manifold, 5" exhaust.... Slowest turbocharged vehicle i have ever driven, the lag is crazy, when boost hits its way over 25 psi (aftermarket gauge gets buried past 25 psi) & it spools around 5k rpm, 6.5K is the rev limit, shift & here comes the outrageous lag again & guess what? a 16 year old owns it.. He has no idea what to do. some guy traded it for some car the kid had & some cash.. MY POINT IS He has no wideband, no boost controller, NOTHING. His car still runs, hasn't blown up, he can go here & there slowly but surely. Idk WTF is going on but thats crazy. i was sure he'd burn holes through the pistons by now...

1987 Supra 7MGTE, 2.5 Intake piping, Latest DM intercooler, DDP, DM exhaust, Koyorad, Apexi Power Intake, Aeromotive AFPR, Walbro 255, 680cc Low Impedance Injectors, ES Bushings, Eagle Rods, AEM Wideband, ARP Hardware. PROEFI 128 or AEM EMS? JE OR Wiseco Pistons?
    1984 Celica Supra P-Type 5MGE Stock- SOLD
    1992 Lexus SC400. SOLD
    2013 X Runner. DD

Supramania Regular

It sends a false reading of the air temp to the ecu which thinks its much colder outside which in return sends more fuel to the injectors.
    wouldnt colder intake temps require less fuel since oxygen is more dense? or am i thinking backwards?

QUESTION: When does the 7mgte require a MHG?

ANSWER: When being assembled in the Toyota plant!!!

Lurker

You are right about cold air is more dense than warm air but because the air is more dense when its cold, you get more bang for your buck. What i mean is, a cylinder of cold air will have more air in it than a cylinder of the exact same size of hot air. The ecu knows this and when detects colder air, it knows it has to dump more fuel to compensate for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast