+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4k RPM turbo lag?!?!

Supramania Regular

Default Re: 4k RPM turbo lag?!?!

some restriction in the exhaust maybe?? when i took down my ancient original exhaust (which i ran for a couple months) i found wrenches in that Mo'fo.
    *TRUE STORY*

1987 Supra 7MGTE, 2.5 Intake piping, Latest DM intercooler, DDP, DM exhaust, Koyorad, Apexi Power Intake, Aeromotive AFPR, Walbro 255, 680cc Low Impedance Injectors, ES Bushings, Eagle Rods, AEM Wideband, ARP Hardware. PROEFI 128 or AEM EMS? JE OR Wiseco Pistons?
    1984 Celica Supra P-Type 5MGE Stock- SOLD
    1992 Lexus SC400. SOLD
    2013 X Runner. DD

Supramania Regular
    Blog Entries

Sounds like your wastegate's stuck open.
    Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    I always thought of it as a cheap G-meter. If it comes on, you're approaching your tire's limits. Adjust fluid level to according to tire grip capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifyouaint1sturlast View Post
    I don't think it's all your fault, I mean, with all the jackasses around here yelling BHG every time someone posts a thread with "7M" in the title..

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Backlash2032 View Post
    Sounds like your wastegate's stuck open.
    Wastegate stuck open would never make anything.
    1988 white 7MGTE(Current) est 360 rwhp.
    1987 red supra turbo shell(Parts car)
    1983 supra 5mge(Sold)
    2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye 2.4

Driftmotion DP-Driftmotion catback-CT2657 16+ PSI-Greddy profec bspec 2-AEM UEGO-Walbro400-AFPR-560cc/Lex-Driftmotion IC hardpipe-HKS SSQ-Apexi intake-KYB Excel GR2-Hankook Ventus RS3 225/60/16

In the makings, 62mm turbo setup. See how far I can push it, shooting for minimum 450 rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMKII View Post
    Wastegate stuck open would never make anything.
    The wastegate may not exactly be completely open. The seat where the gate sits could be worn out. This would not allow the gate to seal properly. I would be checking this first off.
    Wait, you mean you enjoy having a vehicle that's nice looking, luxurious, and practical? Blasphemy! Rough riding MA70 with a stiff clutch is what you should have.

Shea!

Pre turbo exhaust leak?

Build Thread http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65052

I have a ps pump, light retractor relay and dark blue headlight covers for sale, pm me.

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by customs View Post
    The wastegate may not exactly be completely open. The seat where the gate sits could be worn out. This would not allow the gate to seal properly. I would be checking this first off.
    If the gate was stuck slightly open, you wouldn't get the BAM effect he's saying. When he says BAM I'm thinking from not going anywhere to full boost haulin ass. A slightly stuck open would cause the PSI to crawl up.
    1988 white 7MGTE(Current) est 360 rwhp.
    1987 red supra turbo shell(Parts car)
    1983 supra 5mge(Sold)
    2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye 2.4

Driftmotion DP-Driftmotion catback-CT2657 16+ PSI-Greddy profec bspec 2-AEM UEGO-Walbro400-AFPR-560cc/Lex-Driftmotion IC hardpipe-HKS SSQ-Apexi intake-KYB Excel GR2-Hankook Ventus RS3 225/60/16

In the makings, 62mm turbo setup. See how far I can push it, shooting for minimum 450 rwhp.

Supramania Regular

check compression

Lurker

I had that the exact same issue with an upgraded ct-26 60-1. I had 3 things going on so I dont know which one it was. But had a code 52 which retarded the timing, exhaust manifold leak, busted intercooler cooupling(boostleak).

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMKII View Post
    If the gate was stuck slightly open, you wouldn't get the BAM effect he's saying. When he says BAM I'm thinking from not going anywhere to full boost haulin ass. A slightly stuck open would cause the PSI to crawl up.
    Well yesterday I had most of it apart to inspect it. And I noticed that there was some damage on the vacuum part of the wastegate actuator. But I also noticed that the arm itself isn't completely dirty, so it is showing signs of it moving. And another thing I noticed was half a court throughout all my intake system, in the throttle body, in the intercoolers and in the intake side of the compressor housing. I'm thinking PCV went bad.

Lurker

And also, my timing is fine. spec at idle is 10 btdc, I'm at 15 so timing isn't an issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast