+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1jz won't start, but wire colors at body plugs are different

Supramania Regular

Default 1jz won't start, but wire colors at body plugs are different

the car is 92 1jz swap 5spd jza70 ecu and harness.

initially the harness on the car was bad and ran rich and idled like crap, if you wiggled the harness the car stumbled and sometimes died. bought another harness that apparently came off a "running" car.

so i've done research and have even down loaded the Swap bible and i'm having issues getting signal to the starter (hear it triggering by the glove box area but nothing at the starter.) put the key in the on position and jumped the starter just to see if a new trigger wire was needed and it cranked but didn't fire up.

we sprayed starting fluid and no spark. this lead me to believe something was not hooked up right or somethings, rechecked all grounds and connectors and still nothing.

I started looking at the Body connectors (harness side) under the dash and notice some connectors though identical looking had different color wire arrangements between the male and female connectors. i even see a plug that is not connected to anything but has no where to go and don't see it listed in the swap bible. I know this thread is NOOB move but i don't care flame if you want just don't no what else to do.

i'm looking to get some insight on these connectors.

maybe hard to see but the colors of the wires aren't matching/lining up. and according to the swap bible they should be nearly the same across.

on this one the connector on the right has more wires on the male side than the female side. (could be nothing)

and here's the mystery plug looks MK4's to me?

any insight would be greatly appreciated. just want to get this guys car running before he ships out.
    Last edited by 87supraguy; July 7th, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Moderator- azsupracentral.com

Current status: 1jz (JZZ30), r154, stage 3 six puck ACT clutch, ACT PP, DM light weight Flywheel, aeromotive AFPR, AEM AFR guage and Wideband,

BEING TORN DOWN FOR UPGRADES!!!!

Proefi 128, 1JZ, R154, 1zz coils, 1200cc injectors, E85, dual 400lph walbros pumps, 2jz water pump, BC 272 cams, BC spring and retainers, Shimless buckets, Titan cam gears, Drewgo manifold, stage 3 six puck (sprung) ACT clutch and PP, DM light weight Flywheel, aeromotive AFPR, (real) HKS 50mm waste gate, AEM AFR Wideband, GT4294 1.01 a/r, SP QSV.... still collecting parts.

parts still needed if you have them at a reasonable price pm me!!!!

proefi related sensors and accesories
    dual 400lph walbros pumps
    BC spring and retainers
    Titan cam gears
    fuel lines (E85 compatible)

Supramania Regular

Default Re: 1jz won't start, but wire colors at body plugs are different

George I thought the car was a 92.
    -Jordan.
    My Personal Instagram @Built1jz and I Created a Page for all Mk3 owners @Supra_Addicts

My build thread Furious 7M owner who gave up JUST CLICK ON IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan JZ View Post
    This one wont have the infamous 'M' for malfunction, so I think he'll be just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Been replaced with a "J" though
    (for Jordan so it's gonna be a close thing)
    Youtube Account - Turbo habanero's youtube Channel Clicky

Supramania Regular

haha yeah Jordan, you're right. sorry i was tired as fuck wen to sleep at 3:30am ish and here i am at work (got here at 6:30am.

Current status: 1jz (JZZ30), r154, stage 3 six puck ACT clutch, ACT PP, DM light weight Flywheel, aeromotive AFPR, AEM AFR guage and Wideband,

Proefi 128, 1JZ, R154, 1zz coils, 1200cc injectors, E85, dual 400lph walbros pumps, 2jz water pump, BC 272 cams, BC spring and retainers, Shimless buckets, Titan cam gears, Drewgo manifold, stage 3 six puck (sprung) ACT clutch and PP, DM light weight Flywheel, aeromotive AFPR, (real) HKS 50mm waste gate, AEM AFR Wideband, GT4294 1.01 a/r, SP QSV.... still collecting parts.

BC spring and retainers
    Titan cam gears

Supramania Regular

anyone?

BC spring and retainers
    Titan cam gears

Supramania Regular

Found out what the issue was. The harness is hacked up though the seller told me it was uncut and pulled from a running car. The IH1 was jacked up bad. the hacked wires were hidden behind electrical tape.

here's the pic of the IH1 plug harness side

you can is the pic clearly the starter signal wire, FP relay and resister wire, COR wire IGN switch etc are all cut and the wires are completely missing. so it's not an easy fix of connecting the the cut wires... the wires are completely missing. sending the harness back and going to find another one. just sucks this guy wasted my time.

of course the guy isn't replying to texts or calls about the harness being fucked. paypal claim in the near future? we'll see.give the guy till monday to reply.

the hunt for a good running (legitamate this time) harness continues. thanks for the input.

BC spring and retainers
    Titan cam gears

JZA70 448 rwhp everyday

lame to get ripped like that. at least you figured it out pretty quick.

WTB: non VVTi aristo harness.
    WTB: jza70 TTR floor mats and 2.5 R rear molding.
    WTB: 91 or 92 silver on shadow grey targa in excellent condition. Can be non turbo and auto.

+ Reply to Thread