+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radiator blew the top open

Supramania Regular

Oh dam john, crazy you have the same picture lol...oh it was just getting really fun too!

I ended up buying a koyorad with an electric fan and controller of a member hereImageUploadedByTapatalk1341028427.564072.jpg

And I just ordered the DM67mm T04R/Z ar70 turbo kit today as well oh so stoked, kinda glad that radiator gave up on me......I think she did it on purpose to get some love
    1jz, innovate lc1/xd16, walbro 255, 12v mod w/new relay, synapse bov, biltz custome built exuast, tokico illumina II w/ Eibach springs, nitto on p1 racing rims, act stage 2,auto meter boost gauge,SAFC2, MINES tuned ecu, 550's,DM intercooler kit, Perrin mdc, nashman v2 shifter, DM 67mm w/.72ar turbo kit, and a little more......

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Happened to me last summer,
    nice story mk3tattoos
    I'll have to put up some video and pics of his rabbit Vr6, shit you could google it and see!!!
    It was the original Thunder Bunny from 1995, first fully built VR6 rabbit swap, roll cage, everything was done right, built for the track!!! Triangle auto built it in Washington I believe. It's a beast
    1jz, innovate lc1/xd16, walbro 255, 12v mod w/new relay, synapse bov, biltz custome built exuast, tokico illumina II w/ Eibach springs, nitto on p1 racing rims, act stage 2,auto meter boost gauge,SAFC2, MINES tuned ecu, 550's,DM intercooler kit, Perrin mdc, nashman v2 shifter, DM 67mm w/.72ar turbo kit, and a little more......

Default Re: Radiator blew the top open

this always happens with plastic radiators. my friend had half of his body burned because of them.
    To

Supramania Regular

Wow, that's f-ing crazy, poor guy!!!! Dangerous!!!

Supramania Regular

at least the 7m will eat the coolant to save the radiator, should have stuck with the BHG queen...

Happened on my wives lancer except it wouldnt leak until 7-8psi.

Supramania Regular

Hahahaha fur sure Grim!!!

Supramania Regular

Went ahead and started getting it ready for the new stuff worked on it for 5hrs.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341200956.124443.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341200997.694227.jpg

Supramania Regular

Get a new rad cap as well...

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Happened to me last summer,
    nice story mk3tattoos
    side note what you running for the ignition system? LS1?

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by OneJArpus View Post
    Get a new rad cap as well...

Most definitely!!! Was just looking in DM ,is the blitz 1.3 bar, or the greddy 1.3 bar good?
    Was thinking to pick up a new thermostat when I get the rad cap?
    Thanks for the help fellas!

side note what you running for the ignition system? LS1?
    Ya wires look burly!?

一番 King

I was going to say that this is actually pretty common sadly, but others have pretty much chimed in on that note already. Anything important that's going to be subjected to high pressure, heat, and the elements, should not be made of plastic.
    Enjoy following car culture? 'Like' our FB page: Shutokou Syndicate
    or check out our website: Shutokou Syndicate

Advanced Race Technology / The Boost Lab
    JZA70 Aero GT / BW S300/83-75 powered
    7M FREE Zone

Quote Originally Posted by suprahero View Post
    Chris, that isn't glare from the HID's. Everytime a 7m makes it through WOT without blowing up, God sacrifices a star and throws it towards earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by csnow View Post
    When all else fails, follow the manufacturer. What did Toyota do? Did they stay with the 7M? See, that was easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12