+ Reply to Thread

Thread: megan racing ez street series coilover!

Default megan racing ez street series coilover!

hey what do you guys think about the Megan Racing EZ Street Series Coilovers let me know before i purchase please thanks alot

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...t_Series/17816

Classifieds Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: megan racing ez street series coilover!

I haven't driven on their EZ street series, but I've been driving on their track series coilovers for a few years now. My one and only complaint with them is the lack of travel, but you're not likely to find a coilover suspension (or even normal lowering springs) that allow for anywhere near the travel of stock. Normally not a problem, but it's not uncommon for me to be at the limit of the suspension drop over some of the road transitions and bumps.

Just takes a bit of getting used to and care how much power you're putting down over rough roads.
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1984 Celica Supra P-Type, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1989 Supra Targa
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra

Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    I haven't driven on their EZ street series, but I've been driving on their track series coilovers for a few years now. My one and only complaint with them is the lack of travel, but you're not likely to find a coilover suspension (or even normal lowering springs) that allow for anywhere near the travel of stock. Normally not a problem, but it's not uncommon for me to be at the limit of the suspension drop over some of the road transitions and bumps.

Just takes a bit of getting used to and care how much power you're putting down over rough roads.
    The megan coilovers come with separate ride height adjustment...there is absolutely no way you are near the end of it's travel.

That is the shitty damping of megan coilovers that you are feeling. You are "getting used to" shit suspension that can not control the wheel movement properly.
    PROCEED

Classifieds Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tErbo b00st View Post
    The megan coilovers come with separate ride height adjustment...there is absolutely no way you are near the end of it's travel.

That is the shitty damping of megan coilovers that you are feeling. You are "getting used to" shit suspension that can not control the wheel movement properly.
    When I jack the car up, I have about 2.5-3" of wheel travel until it is off the ground. Thoughts? They came installed on the car, and I've only adjusted the height and dampening to my liking, I haven't messed with the pre-load at all, and I'm not certain the original owner did that correctly either.

So, how do I get more travel out of the suspension I have?
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1984 Celica Supra P-Type, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1989 Supra Targa
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Mine are the same way. Except I get like a inch or 2 in the back and like 3-4 in the front.

+ Reply to Thread