+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weird tps voltage problem

Default weird tps voltage problem

So here is the story. i own a 1989 toyota supra turbo. the problem i am having is the voltage at idl and e2 at the ecu. When i probe these leads i get 10 volts instead of the 4-6 that toyota calls for. when i unplug the ect for the transmission the voltage across idl and e2 drops to 5.2v. this is where it is supposed to be. Anyone know what the problem may be.????? please someone help i am ripping my hair out wondering where the problem may lay. thanks

Default Re: weird tps voltage problem

Anyone?????

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

What are you trying to figure out? What's the problem the car is making?

the voltage in the manual which states to test the computer for problems should be 4-6v at ecu pins but im getting 10 volts. when i unplug the ect ecu the voltage between idl and e2 goes to 5v. it seems there may be something wrong with the ect computer. The car is running rich. the wideband reads 12 and before i took the manifold off to repair the block the afr was 14.7. everything is hooked back up and the knock sensors were rewired with shielded wire. tps adjusted to spec. i did have the battery disconnected for a couple days. does the computer take time to relearn? if so how long does it take? should not take to long. Thanks

creepy-ass cracka
    Blog Entries

What makes you think that particular problem has anything to do with the car running rich?
    In memory of Rimma Kiselitsa

i was just wondering because it has to do with the tps. i was just curious. i know its not the reason the car is running rich. the computer needs to relearn the fuel map since the battery was disconnected for such a long time. i think at least. from what i have been hearing. is this correct.

creepy-ass cracka
    Blog Entries

No, it's not correct. Do you think these cars run that rich every time the battery is disconnected? Do you think the factory had to "teach" each one after they built it?

I was just wondering since you seemed to be implying the TPS has something to do with the problems you are having. I mean, that's the question you were asked wasn't it?
    In memory of Rimma Kiselitsa

this is what i found quote by quote

"think I finally found an answer to this: ~20min

For the ECM to relearn the value, the vehicle must be driven in closed-loop, feedback operation for a certain amount of time. The amount of time will vary depending on the engine and the type of conditions the vehicle is driven in.
    If memory is lost for D-type systems, it may take up to 20 minutes for strategy to be re-learned, depending upon altitude. Airflow meter types are able to relearn faster."

thats what i found on reading different forums

Grumpy Old Man

It only "relearns" the fuel trims, it has a base map or it wouldn't run at all.

so would that make it run a little rich until it learns the fuel trims?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast