+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original CT26 or a "GT45"? What would be a better choice for a 7M-GTE?

Lurker

Question Original CT26 or a "GT45"? What would be a better choice for a 7M-GTE?

Hey guys, I need some help in determining if this is a good buy? http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT45-5P-TURB...item27c4648738

What I like about this kit is that it comes with the exhaust manifold and wastegate. And at under $600 it's a great price. But is it a good idea? Or should I just buy a CT26. Since my old one is messed up. Please help, I appreciate the suggestions.

PenisVaginaBoob

Default Re: Original CT26 or a "GT45"? What would be a better choice for a 7M-GTE?

I say send out your CT to be rebuilt by Albert. He does AMAZING work. Uusally those "great" deals on ebay.....turn into having to rebuild the engine or buying another turbo. Most of those ebay turbos are china made. Not great quality unfortunately.

Jeff Lange wannabe

Default Re: Original CT26 or a "GT45"? What would be a better choice for a 7M-GTE?

As airhead said, you really have to be weary about eBay deals. Remember, mod cheap mod twice. It's entirely possible that all of the parts will work just fine and work together...however it is much more likely that you'll have installation troubles or a dead turbo. The gaskets are often questionable, at best, and the rest of the hardware sure isnt guaranteed either. The manifold may look pretty but end up cracking.

On top of that, a GT45 has completely different characteristics than the CT26, plus the piping wont bolt up. There are bolt on replacement turbos for the 7M, but unless youre ready to go big, you might want to consider a CT26 replacement for now
    --Lonnie : SupraStore customer service | Re-engineered GReddy Type S BOV group buy

^ Click for my 88 Supra turbo updates. Newest: 6-21/14. Also, Project9! and Project Pit Viper

Supramania Regular

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...0-1-CT26-Turbo

Look around the for sale ads. Some good deals come around from time to time.

+ Reply to Thread