+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why do most of the MKIII owners not buy hood struts?

Supramania Regular

Default Re: Why do most of the MKIII owners not buy hood struts?

since this seems to be such a hot topic, maybe ya'll could post up the cheapest source for said hood struts.
    Might even be cheaper than my ball bat.....

Classifieds Moderator
    Blog Entries

Rock Auto is going to be wondering why they've suddenly got 35 orders for Supra hood struts...
    -Brad
    1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster, 1984 Celica Supra P-Type, 1987 Supra Hardtop, 1989 Supra Targa
    Fast cars, loud guitars, a lot of hard work, patience, and crazy ideas. Yup, that about sums up my life.

How to live with a Supra

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    Rock Auto is going to be wondering why they've suddenly got 35 orders for Supra hood struts...
    - Chris.

2014 Annual Philly Supra Meet - Sun, May 25th

- 91 Supra 1JZ-GTE Build Thread Check it out!!
    - 87 Supra 7M-GE to 7M-GTE Build Thread
    - 90 Supra 7M-GE - sold to supraholics

Supramania Regular

I just got my hood & hatch struts in today from rockauto.com. I went out and installed the hood struts immediately. It didn't take long at all. You guys aren't going to believe this, but suddenly my hood pops up when I pull the hood latch release from inside the cab. I no longer have to pry up the hood with my pinkie finger like I used to. And... the damn hood nearly raises up by itself. I lift it up a couple of inches and it takes over and raises up on its own. And the best part of all... it actually stays up and doesn't drop down.

They're only $12.57/ea from rockauto.com , and about $8.50 for shipping. That's before your 5% discount by using the code supplied in their vendor forum section. For less than $40, and 10minutes of your time you no longer have to use a "stupid stick" to prop up your hood. I can't believe I've been putting this off for so long. Now I feel stupid for not doing it sooner.

Last edited by Suprapowaz!(2); May 15th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Did the hood get one last smackaroo?

Supramania Regular

No, I didn't give it the opportunity to hit me again.

Straight Cougar
    Blog Entries

Now it hits him on the way up while he's trying to pry it open with his finger.

since we are on the subject i have struts but lost the little clips that hold them onto the knubs on the hood side who has some for me!?

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Suprapowaz!(2) View Post
    They're only $12.57/ea from rockauto.com , and about $8.50 for shipping. That's before your 5% discount by using the code supplied in their vendor forum section. For less than $40, and 10minutes of your time you no longer have to use a "stupid stick" to prop up your hood. I can't believe I've been putting this off for so long. Now I feel stupid for not doing it sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
    Discount Code: 3978C623F018
    Expires: 5/20/2012

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com now ships thousands of auto parts from over 200 manufacturers to customers worldwide.

The www.RockAuto.com catalog is updated daily with mechanical parts like brake pads and shock absorbers, body parts like bumpers and mirrors, interior trim like door handles and carpets, and major assemblies like steering gears, CV axles, and engine long blocks. Service manuals and CDs are available to help customers learn how to perform a repair. The www.RockAuto.com catalog is expanding constantly. Someday it may be possible to build an entire car using parts from RockAuto.com!

RockAuto.com prices are low every day! Order online at www.RockAuto.com 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Have parts questions that must be answered accurately? RockAuto.com has excellent customer service agents ready to help you get the parts you need. E-mail service@rockauto.com or call Toll Free, 1-866-762-5288. (Mon - Thur 7 to 10 / Fri 7 to 9 / Sat 7 to 6 / Sun 8 to 4 Central Standard Time).
    $29.56 shipped to me, duh!!!! Goodbye baseball bat.....
    Last edited by mdr40z; May 16th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

SM Expert on White trash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suprapowaz!(2) View Post
    I just got my hood & hatch struts in today from rockauto.com. I went out and installed the hood struts immediately. It didn't take long at all. You guys aren't going to believe this, but suddenly my hood pops up when I pull the hood latch release from inside the cab. I no longer have to pry up the hood with my pinkie finger like I used to. And... the damn hood nearly raises up by itself. I lift it up a couple of inches and it takes over and raises up on its own. And the best part of all... it actually stays up and doesn't drop down.

It says your video is private.

Quote Originally Posted by Supracentral View Post
    The MKIII Supra was never intended to be a pure sports car, nor was it intended to have slam you in the seat performance. Please remember that this was Toyota's top of the line showcase for high tech luxury performance. This car was built as a personal luxury car with a performance trend. It's a GT car, not a detuned version of a WRC rally car.
    My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

What in the hell have I gotten myself into?

Cool Ford Pinto

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast